rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How to Make Money While Traveling/Expatiating

How to Make Money While Traveling/Expatiating

Quote: (09-11-2018 09:09 PM)Spaniard88 Wrote:  

Meanwhile, every year they delay is one less year of priceless youth which they wasted sitting in a cubicle half the day, then watching netflix the other half.

The other problem with this is that they usually come home too tired to work on their side business, and they never get it off the ground, further fueling their procrastination.

Besides having sufficient savings (at least 2 years worth of living expenses in the TARGET country or region, not the current location), it helps to set a firm deadline to get out. Say, it could be 3 months from now. Or 6 months. Whatever works.

The key is this.

Once the deadline is set, a mental transformation takes place. Instead of being in dream mode, you are now in action mode. You are now taking the steps to meet your own deadline, including building your business with whatever income goals you've set for yourself. You'll put more energy into your business than vegging out on the couch binge watching Netflix.

I'll say this, though. Because you'll be burning both ends of the candle for some time, I don't recommend setting that deadline too far into the future, like a year or more. If it's too far out, then it's easy to get discouraged and lose motivation, or worse, suffer burnout from working too much on both job and business.

I almost got burned out myself and that lead to a string of several months of non-productivity (and bleeding cash) once I did bail. I would not underestimate the seriousness of burnout -- it takes several months to recover and costs massive amounts of money in the meantime.

Messages In This Thread