rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Serena Williams loses US Open plays the gender card

Serena Williams loses US Open plays the gender card

I don't have that high of an opinion of women's professional tennis, but when I watched the Serena-Naomi match I was going "holy shit" at some of the shots that Naomi was hitting. She has this move in which she almost kneels on one knee and hits the ball barely above the court surface so that it curves up and barely clears the net and then sinks right back down and hits almost right at the feet of her opponent. Serena was confounded by it. She also appeared to have a strategy of hitting around Serena's obvious lack of mobility, which worked.

If you've watched any of Naomi's interviews since then, her demeanor is of a bedazzled, bewildered, innocent teen-ager. I think it's mainly an act because she wants opponents to continue to underestimate her and I think she's afraid that someone will try to ask her about the strategy she discovered to beat Serena because she wants to try to keep it a secret.

Messages In This Thread