rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Female police officer mistakenly enters neighbor's apartment, kills male resident

Female police officer mistakenly enters neighbor's apartment, kills male resident

From what I've seen, the doors will indeed close (one resident posted a youtube video) if allowed to swing from fully open position. But will they close fully from just barely closed? Maybe that's how they were designed; maybe this door stuck a bit. I'm sure investigators are looking at that too.

We have no idea what they are required to do for backup, but I bet I know what most cops would do - they'd push against the ajar door of their "own apartment" and take a look. As for calling backup because she's 5'3 and female, that feeds into the commonly known but rarely publicly acknowledged reality that too many female cops are not fit to be cops from a physical standpoint and rely too quickly on lethal force where a guy might be able to grapple his way out of it. The media will be careful to avoid spotlighting that inconvenient truth.

Whether dealing or mere possession, he's an immigrant in Texas and a black man - we're repeatedly told by the left that this is exactly the guy who should be afraid of the cops targeting him daily. So when a cop actually shows up in his door one night, he panics and tries to hide his pot. Yet we are pretending this is an unrealistic reaction for him. Why?

Any assumption that they searched the whole apartment is simply not based on fact or law. Search warrants are issued with particularity.

Quote:Quote:

Particularity.—“The requirement that warrants shall particularly describe the things to be seized makes general searches under them impossible and prevents the seizure of one thing under a warrant describing another. As to what is to be taken, nothing is left to the discretion of the officer executing the warrant.”132 This requirement thus acts to limit the scope of the search, as the executing officers should be limited to looking in places where the described object could be expected to be found.133 The purpose of the particularity requirement extends beyond prevention of general searches; it also assures the person whose property is being searched of the lawful authority of the executing officer and of the limits of his power to search. It follows, therefore, that the warrant itself must describe with particularity the items to be seized, or that such itemization must appear in documents incorporated by reference in the warrant and actually shown to the person whose property is to be searched.

Even if they searched the entire apartment I would expect more items of his versus mostly her crap piled up - bigger place, more to search. I am not a cop, but it doesn't sound logical that they'd need to go check his nightstand drawer, medicine cabinet, etc. They are investigating the circumstances surrounding a shooting, not a financial crime or drug investigation. The drugs found were likely found right there.

IF she reasonably believed (again, will depend upon door investigation above, and other factors) that it was her place being burglarized she did indeed have the authority to command. There is no "right to resist" in that situation or whatever else at that moment even if later the cop is proven to be mistaken. BLM has really fucked up the public understanding of what a cop is allowed to do.

Hate to burst the bubble but white guys get shot a lot more often by cops of all genders and colors than do black guys - it just never gets any attention from the race hustlers.

Messages In This Thread