rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Mac Miller Dead at 26 of Drug Overdose

Mac Miller Dead at 26 of Drug Overdose

Quote: (09-08-2018 05:43 PM)Days of Broken Arrows Wrote:  

Quote: (09-08-2018 04:52 AM)lavidaloca Wrote:  

I have no idea who Mac Miller is.

I did watch the video where he was obviously drugging out that was posted on the first page of thread. Pretty clear he had a serious drug problem.

One of the things that always blows my mind is all these rich individuals in the public spotlight who totally go off the deep end, I suspect its not as great at the top as people not their think it is.

A lot of people aren't cut out to be in the spotlight. Some people are natural extroverts. Others aren't.

So what happens when you're forced to go before 10,000 people and you're not in the mood? You take something.

Then what happens when you have MASSIVE adrenaline after doing a show, but can't come down for days? You take something. And what about when you're forced to come up with fifteen songs and you have no ideas because you've been touring?

It takes a person with a tough constitution and/or serious case of extroversion to be a performer. This is a big reason that drug addiction/alcoholism among musicians crosses all racial, gender, age, and class lines. Charlie Parker, Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison, Brian Jones, Amy Winehouse, etc.

Mick Jagger once said that Stones founder Brian Jones wasn't cut out for pop star life because he was basically shy -- the kind of kid who was uncomfortable participating in games at school. He just loved the music, but when the band got big he went off the deep end, taking every drug he could because it was all too much.

My guess is that's the case with a lot of musical casualties, and it's probably the case here.

Not even that though, what happens when your still relatively unknown and perform in front of 100 random people at a bar/club? Especially if you can visibly tell they aren't feeling you and you have to stay on for a few more songs. Theres alot of struggle to even get to the point where your performing in front 10,000 people, and many people start some kind of drug habit before then, and then enter a downward spiral as they become bigger and more addicted.

Here's the Red Hot Chili Peppers first time on TV, convince me these guys aren't coked out of their minds:

Messages In This Thread