rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Mac Miller Dead at 26 of Drug Overdose

Mac Miller Dead at 26 of Drug Overdose

I think that grown men who worship athletes/musicians/celebs are usually losers, probably most on this forum would agree with this. Paying a small tribute to a dead musician whose music you enjoyed is FAR from "celebrity worship".

Truth is, when you're in your teens and early 20s, still figuring shit out, it can be hard to find people to relate to. Mac was one of those guys for me. He was around my age, similar middle-class upbringing, and when he broke onto the scene in 2010, I liked his stuff immediately. His biggest hits are more party/pump-up songs ("Donald Trump" being one of them), but the majority of his music is slower and reflective. He talked about depression, girl problems, etc... shit that I could relate to at the time. It made me realize that even a guy who's raking in the money has problems, and helped bring me out of a huge funk I was in.

I don't give a fuck if he is liberal (almost all celebs are), or that he died (likely) of an amphetamine overdose. He unfortunately died far too young.

Rest in Peace Mac.

Messages In This Thread