rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Drug side effects

Drug side effects

Quote: (09-05-2018 12:34 AM)chicane Wrote:  

I am taking a couple of things for hypertension. I have a long history of reacting badly to most drugs, so these problems aren't exactly a surprise to me.

After experiencing problems with amlodipine, I went and looked up the side effects. They include weakness and lightheadedness. Both are symptoms I am seeing. The muscle weakness is a weird one, besides really reducing my bench press by a lot, it also screws up my balance, probably by making my stabilizer muscles weaker. Add to that the fact that I get really lightheaded when exercising and it's not hypotension.

After talking to the doctor, the dosage is down to the minimum and another blood pressure drug at a low dose has been added. The weakness isn't as bad now, my balance is okay and I don't get lightheaded as quickly, but the problems aren't completely gone. I'm also seeing really slow recovery. After a hard workout, I spend the next two days really fatigued. Very little or no muscle soreness, just really tired. This is a problem. I'll talk to my doctor at my next appointment, but I think it's a bit beyond her expertise.

Any ideas what to do about the fatigue? It seems to be limiting the effectiveness of my workouts.

I'm on Amlodipine too. It does knock you out, but I have insomnia so I use it a couple of hours before bedtime as sort of sleeping pill. If I took it during the day I would have the same issues as you. You mention hot flashes 4-6 hours late preventing you from doing this. I don't quite get it, how do you even know if you're asleep? Are they sufficient to wake you up?

Messages In This Thread