rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Swedish election Sept. 9th 2018

Swedish election Sept. 9th 2018

I've seen stuff on twitter and now Breitbart (link below) discussing the very 'public' nature of the voting procedure in Sweden. Saying how you fill in the ballot out in the open and gangs of 'party soldiers' stand outside handing you pre-selected papers.

https://www.breitbart.com/london/2018/09...emocratic/

Quote:Quote:

After the first time a Swedish election has been monitored by the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE), observers have expressed “shock” at the nation’s “undemocratic” system.
Danish delegate Michael Aastrup Jensen, who has previously monitored elections in Russia and Eastern Europe, told Berlinske: “In all the many election observations I’ve been on, I have not seen anything that comes close to how undemocratic the Swedish voting system is.”

Regardless of how much this skews the result or not (I'm guessing 'not much' as Sweden sadly sounds eager to race towards its fate), does anyone know whether this system is true? In the UK, we have nice little private booths where we can be fairly certain of being anonymous*. Somehow I just assumed all European countries did likewise! Guess you live and learn.

*(At least in the UK we like to alter the result in secret via postal votes!)

‘After you’ve got two eye-witness accounts, following an automobile accident, you begin
To worry about history’ – Tim Allen

Messages In This Thread