rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Tennys Sandgren, the media, the Establishment and the world of sports

Tennys Sandgren, the media, the Establishment and the world of sports

Quote: (08-30-2018 10:52 PM)Going strong Wrote:  

Well, our man Tennys Sandgren played very well tonight, fighting like a true warrior and taking a set off Djokovic. Much respect Tennys!

But this day at Flushing is marked even more by the incredible, scandalous behavior of the famous "Swedish", affirmative-action hire, referee Mohamed Lahyani.

For Lahyani has saved bad-boy Kyrgios' ass in a most horrendous, anti-sportive manner. First time ever in sport history, a referee, Lahyani, has descended from his chair to actually coach and advise a sportsman!

How it all happened: Kyrgios, as usual, was in a dark, crazy and nefarious mood, and was giving away the game, to native French player Herbert. Herbert was 7-5 3-0 up, easily cruising to victory.

Then Mohamed Lahyani had, I don't know, a crisis of ethnic solidarity or some, and descended from his chair to help his fellow (perceived) Malay (Muslim?) bro. He actually coached Kyrgios, and reinvigorated him! Then Kyrgios, enthused and pumped up, went on to win the game.

Of course the tennis authorities, sensing the scandal mounting up, hurriedly wrote a fake-news press release, pretending that Layhani "just asked Kyrgios about his health". But micros on the court had caught parts of the conversation and Layhani did much, much more than that, passionately coaching Kyrgios on how to win. [Image: dodgy.gif]

Even P-C star Federer is furious about this never-heard-of act by Lahyani. How are professional sports going to evolve if referees go on the courts to help "diverse" players against their "evil European" adversaries?

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/outrage-as-...500vn.html

"Federer also weighed into the debate and outrage, and disapproved of the chair umpire's actions.

“It’s not the umpire’s role to go down from the chair

you don’t go and speak like that, in my opinion.

I don’t know what he said. I don’t care what he said. It was not just about ‘how are you feeling? Oh, I’m not feeling so well’.

“Go back up to the chair. He was there for too long. It’s a conversation. Conversations can change your mindset. It can be a physio, a doctor, an umpire for that matter.
"

[Image: hi-res-2cb4d32af09ff3e0dee132e84d55d769_...crop_y=top]

"Soon Kyrios, who has been disciplined for tanking matches by the ATP and has freely admitted to sometimes giving less than his best effort, appeared to be throwing in the towel as he fell behind 3-0.

At that point, Lahyani might have issued a code-of-conduct warning under the Grand Slam Committee rules governing "best effort." Instead, Lahyani climbed down from his chair and leaned over to hold a conversation with Kyrgios.

Various sources that captured the audio reported snippets of the conversation, including Lahyani saying: "I want to help you, I want to help you;" "I've seen your matches: you're great for tennis;" and "I can see that; I know this is not you.""
http://www.espn.com/tennis/story/_/id/24526843

Sounds like he's completely unbiased as a referee.

Messages In This Thread