rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Would platonic friendships (with women) be fulfilling to you?

Would platonic friendships (with women) be fulfilling to you?

Quote: (08-31-2018 12:09 PM)kaotic Wrote:  

Fantastic, this is great that you're approaching, I'm sure you know that you can make your own approach log in the newbie forum and guys will help critique and advise you on your approaches.

Is there a dedicated thread to approach logs or do I just begin a thread and keep it updated? I noticed the Player Log thread on the main forum, but not one on the newbie forum.

Nevermind, I see the approach thread.

Quote: (08-31-2018 12:09 PM)kaotic Wrote:  

I'm going to ask this, deep inside of you did you think there was a slight glimmer of hope that'd she'd see you of more than just a friend and then you'd make your move?

I'm not worried about the money or physical part of it, I'm picking your brain about the emotional side of things.

Obviously you know enough to not be disrespected with flakes and getting bailed on, which is good.

Absolutely. But I know the difference between hope and reality. That's why I haven't contacted her in about 3 weeks. Last time we talked she told me something along the lines of "well, I'm only about 80% lesbian. I just need to meet the right guy." That's when I was pretty sure it was done; if I wasn't the right guy 2 months ago, then I'm not the right guy at all.

I haven't talked to her in about 3 weeks and I won't until she contacts me again in some way. She was back home because her summer class ended, so we just chatted a bit on the phone. After this time she missed 2 of my calls and didn't bother to call back even though she said she would. She then flaked on a planned dinner that we were going to have at my place before classes started. She did say that she "wanted to do it later in the semester," but that vagueness has historically been a sign of an impending ghosting.

I really did go into this friendship first once she invited me around. I saw it as an opportunity to establish a new social circle. I'm considering trying to restart communication in about a month and invite her over alone (previous one was an invite to her, her sister, and her friend). I'll attempt to escalate again and if she's not interested I'll politely send her away. My thought is that if she was sincere about friendship, she's be more enthusiastic to see me. So now I've got nothing to lose if I give her the choice of sexual relationship or nothing.

Thanks again for the guidance.

Messages In This Thread