rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Post-mortem Criticism

Post-mortem Criticism

Quote: (08-29-2018 02:44 PM)Simeon_Strangelight Wrote:  

Quote: (08-29-2018 02:23 PM)Thot Leader Wrote:  

In art and literary criticism there is some overlap between "post mortem" crit and postmodern crit, i.e. deconstructing anything that was accomplished by dead white males, i.e. revising history toward a Marxist end. I guess it's easier to attack geniuses who aren't around to defend themselves?

In our world it is super-easy to attack genius shitlords who are still alive. Just say that there are two genders and it does not matter whether you have created world peace or invented limitless free energy for everyone - you are a hate-filled despicable transphobic racist and your name will be thus treated accordingly.

Good point. I guess I'm thinking back to my uni days (20ish years ago), before social media and Buzzfeed, etc. gave us instant mob justice. The profs and other intellectuals I knew would bash dead white males based on postmodern criticism out of the 1960s.

Maybe the answer it simpler. Most cultures have had a taboo around speaking ill of the dead, presumably because it's unfair to attack anyone who can't defend him/her/xirself.

Messages In This Thread