rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Mass shooting in Jacksonville

Mass shooting in Jacksonville

Quote: (08-28-2018 07:53 AM)Days of Broken Arrows Wrote:  

Quote: (08-28-2018 05:32 AM)Kona Wrote:  

Quote: (08-27-2018 09:16 PM)Days of Broken Arrows Wrote:  

Back in our parents' era, involuntary psychiatric imprisonment was so prevalent that even rock bands wrote songs about it. We need to go back to the days of the "Cherry Blossom Clinics."

There's gotta be a happy medium figured out first.

I love guns, and the 2nd amendment. My years in the navy prove my patriotism.

However, more than added gun restriction, I'm really against loosening restrictions on who gets involuntarily locked up. You think the Big leftist corporations have a field day banning YouTube channels and censoring conservative shot every chance they can? Just wait until they have the power to toss you in the psycho ward.

Private prisons are big business. Let's not add private American gulags.

Imagine the SPLC running down this forum and having us all thrown in the nut house.

It's a slippery slope that could really turn bad quickly.

Aloha!

It's not that slippery a slope. Here's why: We now have actual technology to see who is sane and who isn't. We just aren't using it.

Functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging (fMRI) depicts the brainwaves of people. When someone has schizophrenia, the brainwaves show up differently. They even show differently for severe depression.

Instead of having quack psychologists (or judges) give their "interpretations" of who is crazy and who is sane, the machines will be able to tell us. This technology isn't used widely today, but someday it will be.

I also think it's a stretch to go from leftist corporations deplatforming people to claiming they'd have to power to have someone committed. There is a major difference there.

Big Tech doesn't even really have the power to really shut people down, since the "banned" person can just get another account with a different moniker. Maybe the school systems could abuse such a system, but I even doubt that since they're too incompetent.

These deplatforming techniques are dangerous and subtle. On Reddit, they've got a host of little techniques to just delay conservative responses for an hour or 2, and it gives the appearance that conservative viewpoints were shouted down by a vast, organic grassroots campaign or something, even when it's something commonsenseical that even Redditors support. A lot of it was done "Shadowban" style, and you don't even realize your you're being silenced, you just think nobody is on your side and that you're the minority opinion when you're not. Young people especially are very influenced by these techniques, and these techniques are still in their infancy, I have no idea how sophisticated they'll get soon. It's not a matter of "make a new moniker", you don't even know that you need to do it. until it's too late and everyone has "witnessed" wrongthink being shouted down in a humiliating way.

And I'm going to give an old law enforcement story to illustrate the problems with your psych test. They used to have hand held chemical detector in my department that could determine if someone was under the influence of alcohol and by how much. It had so many knobs and switches are calibration techniques it eventually ended up being called "Dial a Drunk" because you could fiddle with the thing until you got whatever result you wanted. Unethical sergeants would actually order us to find people drunk, and it was so common they didn't even see that there was anything unethical with it, it was just another "tool in the toolbox" to them.

Messages In This Thread