rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Avoiding microplastics in your food and water

Avoiding microplastics in your food and water

Many years ago, I read a report about the environmental benefits of all of these water companies switching over to eco-friendly plastics. The new bottles (that almost everyone uses now) are a thinner plastic (often "plant derived") and they have a very shallow cap on them. One of the only reported downsides was an increase in plastic particles in the water.

I have since switched to reusable glass water bottles that I fill using my own, gravity-powered water filtration system. It could be placebo, but I believe that my mood and energy levels increased dramatically once I made the effort to remove as much plastic as possible from my life.

The issue for most is, of course, that it is becoming increasingly inconvenient to reduce intake. Not many people are willing to grow their own food or collect their own water. Most lack the knowledge and ability to do such things. And, it would appear it is getting bad enough (if you are concerned) to necessitate such moves.

Currently out of office.

Messages In This Thread