rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Batumi - Don't bother with Rep. of Georgia (6 months report)

Batumi - Don't bother with Rep. of Georgia (6 months report)

Quote: (08-23-2018 02:37 PM)BaatumMania Wrote:  

I am happy about making a lot of tax free money. Cost of living is super cheap. I've been staying in $500/month studios on Airbnb. Just the other day I was able to buy 5 sodas, an ice cream sandwich and a MnMs for like $4 USD. If you eat out at restaurants then expect to pay $5 - $15 per trip.

Effectively this is one of the cheapest places in the world to live. The only country I know that is cheaper is probably 2nd tier Ukraine like Lviv or Laos in South East Asia. But the special thing about Georgia is they will let you stay for a whole year and then you can do a border run to reset your 360 days.

Allegedly if you try Facebook or Real Estate websites then you should be able to get an apartment down to $350 a month (but after paying utilities it will be $400 a month if I had to guess).

There's no such thing as $200 or $300 apartments in Batumi's old town. The only realistic way you could get a place that cheap is living in the outskirts and I don't recommend it. My understanding is Batumi is more pricey than Tbilisi because Batumi is a huge tourism center.

Utilities are very cheap in Georgia. I rented a 400sqm house and paid about $20/month for electricity (and I use a lot), almost nothing for water and city taxes (garbage collection). Gas cost about $300/month in Winter but the house was built '40s-style cavity brick without any modern insulation. If you rent an apartment, the cost of utilities will be negligible.

https://www.myhome.ge/en/search?Keyword=...rrencyID=1

Messages In This Thread