rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Adrenal fatigue - how to test and solve?

Adrenal fatigue - how to test and solve?

Some tips real quick:

A real quick test to see how fatigued your peripheral nervous system is is to see how hard you can grip stuff (heh). Pinch on an old school bathroom scale if you have one, or those hand grippy trainer things, or see how tired you get hanging from something.

- I second checking if you have sleep apnea. If you wake up with a mild headache, like a numb feeling, or if you often wake up with a mild sore throat, you might be a candidate. If you're overweight or have a large neck, definitely get checked. I had a deviated septum which gave me some sleep apnea. When that was fixed I noticed a general improvement in health.

- Do some sort of regular exercise, learning more towards weights or sprinting instead of cardio, although cardio is great, too.
- Sunlight when you wake up. TLOZ: thread-39799.html
- Eating breakfast at a similar time each day helps a lot of people regulate their circadian rhythm, although some people like to fast a bit these days. See what works for you.
- Vitamin D is fucking important (fat soluble, but don't sweat it).
- B vitamins are pretty important, too (water soluble).
-Vitamin C never hurts (water soluble, so you can take a lot).

Now for the more interesting stuff:

- MSM, i.e. methylsulfonylmethane, supplements are wonderful for 'detox.' Go skim some articles about MSM. It's a great source of bioavailable sulfur and, since it's a commodity, it's pretty cheap. You can use whatever brand you want from Walmart or whatever. Main benefits are healthy skin + nails + hair, increased cell permeability so you can detox (so they say), and more energy in general. Start off with 1g and see how you feel. Try not to take it near bedtime since it boosts your energy. When you first start taking it, if you have to go pee a lot, it means it's working. The need to pee more often than usual goes away within a couple days. I use this cheapy stuff, but it works fine:

[Image: 846378-628915014143.jpg?odnBound=460]

- Read this thread: thread-31408.html. Taking potato starch raw has been a real game changer for me. (I just slosh it around in some water as it doesn't taste like much, but you can mix it with drinks if you want.) I also take zinc and magnesium, but my sleep was never that great. After taking potato starch my sleep + dreams went to the next level. I take it 1h or 30 mins before I sleep, but it doesn't really matter when you take it. The idea is the 'good bacteria' in you gut eat it and produce butyrate as a by-product. Your gut epithelial cells eat this butyrate and are happy. Something huge %, like 90, of your body's neurotransmitters are made in your gut, so it'll help you sleep well and not be depressed. (Also gut health is incredibility important to not being inflamed and not getting heart disease.)

This is the kind I use:
[Image: 71l8DA8H%2BwL._SX425_.jpg]

That's all I can think of for now. Easiest 'quick fix' is the MSM and potato starch. Can get them anywhere + real cheap. MSM ~$10, potato starch ~$2 in the baking aisle. Try those first before moving on to stuff that requires more 'commitment.' Even if you fix your problem, still try them, they are awesome. Best of luck.

Messages In This Thread