rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Ecstasy

Ecstasy

Quote:Quote:

You are a MYTH SPREADER:

I'm a myth spreader? Why, because I inferred that your favorite drug might not be benign to use? That's a pretty bold comment, cheech. Settle down.

First, how do you know where my experience comes from? I might have more experience than you.

Second, your claim linked to one study, which wasn't even the study itself, but a guardian article.

I gave the sources to research real studies. I'm on these research sites regularly. You need to find actual studies, listed in actual journals, to have any credibility.

Third, if you read in-between the lines in everything that I wrote, you would realize that I know what I'm talking about. Not good enough? Well, list the studies. If you can find studies using either of the two search engines that I listed, then I will respect that.

Sixth, giving advice to take ALA is bad advice to give people that know nothing about it and won't research it. Right here, this tells me that you have a superficial/anecdotal understanding of all of this at best. Why? Because ALA can PERMANENTLY eliminate your bodies ability to benefit from calorie restriction at the genetic level, currently the best and most effective proven method that you naturally have to combat and reverse disease. So, someone goes out and takes your advice, takes ALA once, and permanently changes his gene response to calorie restriction. Good advice.

Dietary lipoic acid supplementation can mimic or block the effect of dietary restriction on life span.

Quote:Quote:

Dietary lipoic acid supplementation can mimic or block the effect of dietary restriction on life span.
Merry BJ, Kirk AJ, Goyns MH.
Source

School of Biological Sciences, University of Liverpool, Liverpool L69 7ZB, UK. [email protected]
Abstract

Dietary restriction feeding extends survival in a range of species but a detailed understanding of the underlying mechanism is lacking. There is interest therefore in identifying a more targeted approach to replicate this effect on survival. We report that in rats dietary supplementation with alpha-lipoic acid, has markedly differing effects on lifetime survival depending upon the dietary history of the animal. When animals are switched from DR feeding to ad libitum feeding with a diet supplemented with alpha-lipoic acid, the extended survival characteristic of DR feeding is maintained, even though the animals show accelerated growth. Conversely, switching from ad libitum feeding a diet supplemented with alpha-lipoic acid to DR feeding of the non-supplemented diet, blocks the normal effect of DR to extend survival, even after cessation of lipoic acid supplementation. Unlike the dynamic effect of switching between DR and ad libitum feeding with a non-supplemented diet where the subsequent survival trajectory is determined by the new feeding regime, lipoic acid fixes the survival trajectory to that established by the initial feeding regime. Ad libitum feeding a diet supplemented with lipoic acid can therefore act as mimetic of DR to extend survival.

"Myth Spreading" . ha.. these things can have their place, but I love when users put their favorite feel good substances on pedestals that aren't proven to exist. I've been around the worst of this culture, and I know what it has the potential to do when used too much, as well as having read the actual studies. Trust me, they use pure E in scientific studies. They don't get it from the junkie dealer in the campus dorms.

Rule of thumb: Things that are actually good for you work on the principle of the "rebound effect". That is, you suppress your hormonal / neurochemical response briefly, and your body/mind responds by up-regulating the production of or sensitivity to hormones / neurochemicals.

Examples:
1. Exercise - Primarily anaerobic/anabolic
2. Calorie Restriction (the right way - very difficult)
3. Low Dose Naltrexone - look it up

Suppression / rebound techniques work on the principle of stress/response. You stress the homeostasis of the system and it responds by becoming stronger, healthier, more efficient (more hormonal/neurochemical output). I even believe that being awake and sleeping is a stress / rebound cycle.

The other way to introduce more neuro-chemicals is through some type of stimulation. All drugs that make you feel good work this way, no matter what they are. If they don't feel bad at first, then they are stimulants of some type. Maybe not in the amphetamine class, necessarily, but they work through pushing more active chemical into your brain without it being your bodies natural response to stress to do so. In response, your brain down-regulates its sensitivity and production to hormones and/or neuro-chemicals. If this is what is happening, then its bad for you by definition. All that is left to determine is how bad for you it is. All you are arguing is 'how' bad for you E is. Prior studies, and the experience of many, shows that its really bad. You say that its not really bad. So what. Its bad, and it will take more than a guardian article to prove that it isn't really bad.

That's my opinion and statement. I really don't care to argue it anymore, and will respect the fact that you guys want to continue talking about it. However, I likely won't answer anymore responses directed at me, as I likely won't be coming back to the thread. Seriously, I really don't care what you guys do or don't believe. I know that its fun, 'life-changing', whatever,... like I said, there can be a place for it. Just go easy, especially with frequency.

Messages In This Thread