rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Questions over Moving to Atlanta

Questions over Moving to Atlanta

Quote: (10-13-2018 09:22 PM)a beer is enough Wrote:  

If you want white girls then as stated earlier in the thread, most other southern cities are a better bet.

I do want to ask this to southerners on this board since I have had a friend who told me this and I've had this experience with most people from Atlanta as well as during the few stays I have had in the city, what is up with people from that city compared to elsewhere in the south?

My impression of southerners themselves is great but people from the Atlanta area seem really dry, rude and its almost like they took everyone from some snobby suburb in New Jersey and put them in Atlanta. Most people I knew from the city had that social ladder climber mentality of either you help them become more cool and popular or you're invisible. We had a few folks from Georgia schools when I was up in NYC and it was always being stuck in the cliquish high school popularity games contest well into their 20s, I mean more so than folks from anywhere else.

The other thing I notice is that they hate being considered southerners and desperately try to act like they're from the north, even the ones who were born there. I have heard them say things like "at least we're not Alabama or Mississippi" and talk shit about how horrible and backwards the rest of the south is.

A forum member I've been PMing with back and forth told me about how he runs into so many sorority girl types that support Hillary which he claims is definitely an Atlanta thing.

I notice they do tend to gossip a great deal too and be really closed off towards most outsiders.

It's like the way Roosh described DC can apply to Atlanta and I never really got it either because I don't experience this with people elsewhere in the south.

Anyone want to shed some light?

This has not been my experience at all. I think there are a lot of folks posting in this thread who have only spent limited amounts of time in Atlanta or had bad luck cracking it.

This is probably the best city for women of any color in the South, and the closest comparable cities would be Miami, DC, or Houston/Dallas.

Atlanta probably has the nicest people compared to any of those cities. There are plenty of white women here, and if you talk to them they will tell you the ratio favors men. A lot of them move to Denver in their late 20s early 30s if they still dont have a prospect for a husband - I personally know several who did.

Atlanta is a regional capital and people come here from across the South. Most people are pretty darn proud of being southern. Realize that someone from Charleston is very different from someone from Mississippi or someone from Tennessee. Even the accents are different. But this is why its the college football capital of the country - its a major crossroads and melting pot, and historically the NFL didn't place teams in the South. That's why Alabama and Tennessee and LSU draw over 100,000 to their games and the Falcons and Saints and Tampa and the Titans draw 50,000.

There are an increasing number of people from the North and Midwest, esp Michigan due to automobile industry. But on a percentage basis there are fewer northerners in Atlanta than say Charlotte or Nashville or Orlando.

The biggest disadvantages are to me as a white that there are large minority populations and what this means for logistics and convenience. I live in a very diverse suburb and I enjoy it. But I'm not going to game most black or latina women. But my son has been invited to birthday parties where he was the only white kid. I don't view that as a badge of honor or anything, its just a symptom of the fact that people generally get along, and black dads like the same stuff as white dads. But if I had my wish, I'd replace black and latina women with white women, but thats just my personal preference. I'd even replace blonde white women with brunettes, again because that is my personal preference. I only mention this because its related to the other limitation of Atlanta.

Atlanta neighborhoods tend to be self-segregating, more so than anywhere else I have ever lived. The west side is republican, east democrat. There are jewish neighborhoods and korean neighborhoods and latin neighborhoods etc. I tried to buy a house in a gentrifing korean neighborhood and the agent wouldn't show it to me because I wasn't korean. Same thing in the jewish neighborhood, although there it made sense because they keep striclty kosher and walk to temple on the sabbath.

But if you are gaming, and have a particular preference, then there are whole neighborhoods that are a waste of time. I had an asian member pm me and ask me what neighborhoods for white women. He wasn't interested in Asians, Latinas, or blacks. So your best shot are midtown, buckhead, and sandy springs and Cobb County suburbs like Kennesaw, but those are either the most expensive suburbs or most distant.

The East beltway is very popular, but its right next to the murder Kroger and lots of halfway houses. And its some of the most expensive real estate in the city now. I have a friend who sells high-end condos there for $400 a square foot. In the suburbs you can get a 2500 sft townhouse with a 2-car garage for about $110 a square foot, but that same townhouse in Sandy Springs might be almost $200, even more the closer to Buckhead proper you get. More common is smaller condos in Buckhead and midtown, and again you are going to be paying around $200 sft. or more. So you read a bunch of griping about there are no women in Atlanta but its because guys are making tradeoffs. You pay half as much if you deal with inconvenience. You read some griping about crime, but that is very neighborhood dependent. Again, if you are cheaping out and living in a shithole, you have to expect crime.

Still, Atlanta has an amazing ratio of job opportunities to cost of living, although cost of living is going up. Admittedly, Dallas and Houston are pretty good on those scales too. Depending on what you like though, Atlanta can be very inconvenient.

Nashville and Charlotte are very hot these days but are much smaller and more limited places and much more expensive to live.

I've had girls take Ubers to me from downtown, Lindberg, Buckhead, kennesaw, etc. Its usually about 20-30 min and about a dollar a minute. At my point in life, I'd rather pay for an uber than waste my time driving. I also like not leaving my house.

I'm not going to claim that Atlanta is better than Miami, Dallas, Houston, or DC, but its on par with those. Some things are better and some things are worse. I would just point out that a lot of the criticism of Atlanta in this thread are overblown.

As far as white girls go, the next closest city for white girls that would be better would probably be Tampa, which is much smaller and has less professional opportunities, or Dallas.

As for what is Atlanta like, I would say its like Dallas in that most people are focussed on business and that its fairly bland. Racially its got a lot of everything like Houston. There are a decent number of northern transplants. We seem to get a lot more Steelers fans than Pirates fans, and a lot more Cubs fans than Bears fans. (I find the northern transplants a bit more obnoxious than the Southern transplants, and the worst are probably the ones from Boston. Atlanta is probably third or fourth in health care and life sciences in the country, after San Diego and Boston, so there are lots of folks who relo here.)

Of course I'm white, was in a fraternity, and did well enough with sorority girls even when I was in college. I don't think social circles are as inpenetrable as people think. On the other hand, I think a lot of guys who are not the white fraternity type come to Atlanta, see all the southern blondes, and get offended when those girls reject them. But I get rejected by the Latinas and Asians and Black women (mostly). Its not because of social circles, its because those women have a type that they prefer. Just because You move to Atlanta does not make you desirable to THEM.

Messages In This Thread