rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Help - New country no social circle yet - The Struggles!

Help - New country no social circle yet - The Struggles!

Hey all,

So I'm posting this and kind of hope for some responses to help me get my ass in gear.

Grew up in London but originate from Greece/Greek Island. I'm mid twenties, and I'd say good looking, 6ft 1 and in shape. I'm an athlete so my career so far has seen me spend time around the world including the US. US game was easy AF, basically just had to speak with an English accent and it was a done deal, especially college age chicks.

I'm on a Greek island (kind of, well Cyprus) now. I'm Greek so that's a plus because the hot locals generally stick to themselves, but I can only speak a little Greek, enough to understand most things but not to a hold a proper fluent conversation, so that's one obstacle. Another one if no fu*king social circle yet and I've been here six weeks. Here's an example of how much of a difference this makes, I was out in Greece three years ago and part of a team there. On the first day I met the whole team, and from then I always had a group of guys to have coffee with, go out with and introduce me to different girls. To break that barrier was so easy, because I had an instant circle of guys my age to introduce me to girls so the hard part was done.

Circumstances here mean I haven't got that group of guys from a team yet to hang out with. I'm injured so having private treatment. My social circle consists of my parents uncles and aunts in their 60's and some weird cousins! There's one guy at the gym I go to who would be a great guy to go out with because he's good looking, from the area and single, but he's pulling this thing about "work work work, focus and taking some time to relax from going out because he's had a crazy five years"...just my luck but to be fair he is always working long shifts.

It's summer here and the area I'm in doesn't have to many tourists mainly hot Greek locals around 18-30. Tinder game is dead, no locals on it. Most girls are always in a group of 3-6 girls in busy venues. I'm talking beach bars, beaches, coffee shops etc...I find it so uncomfortable trying to get involved in a group like that...I mean when I was in Greece I'd walk into a venue with a local guy from the team, he'd spot three or four girls that he knew, and we'd instantly sit down and that barrier was broken. No because of my shitty circumstances which means I haven't been able to join up with a team that easy intro hasn't been there which means I feel awkward going to busy places alone.

So I feel like my niche now is tourists, girls by themselves, day game i.e supermarkets, gym etc but I'm so pissed because this period would have been so much different had I had that massive advantage of an instant social circle. I guess I have to get comfortable being uncomfortable and can't have that advantage of having everything handed to me on a plate! I have my nice car here, I have a great top floor apartment overlooking the sea, it's just driving me crazy I'm not making the most of it and I've got myself stuck in a rut.

Basically looking for feedback, and advice on picking up girls in a new city/country when you are practically alone and how to break this barrier down. I think it's one of the harder places to do it, firstly because I'm into the local girls who are typically a little harder and more reserved like Italians, I can't speak the language fluently and I have no social circle. There also appears to be a high number of relationships here, a lot of local girls have boyfriends but I feel like you kind of need to get in there for when they break up because it seems like it's rare a hot/good looking girl here is single. I could head to Ayia Napa alone and pick up a party girl tourist probably every night of the week but I kind of want to do some proper dating with some local girls rather than just one nighters with a scruffy girl from England!

Messages In This Thread