rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Millennial Couple Bikes Through ISIS Territory to Prove Humans Are Kind...get killed!

Millennial Couple Bikes Through ISIS Territory to Prove Humans Are Kind...get killed!

I think this is the main difference between conservatives and liberals, and how I know that instinctually I am the former and not the latter. I don’t agree with all conservative viewpoints and often don’t have much of an opinion on some things that seem to rile up others, but when I see a story like this and read quotes, from grown up adults, about how everyone is really good and nice deep down and that evil doesn’t exist and is a construct, I get a visceral reaction and a small sense of satisfaction when something bad happens to these knuckleheads.

Evil doesn’t exist? Did this person go to school? Do they ever pick up a newspaper? Where did they grow up? I work in a city where murder is so common it barely makes the front page anymore. Where you can’t walk into certain neighborhoods or else you will quite literally be hunted as prey and likely killed, resulting in a small blurb on the bottom of page 10 under the heading “And in other local news...”

Evil is all around us, everywhere. Not only does it exist but I am of the opinion that it is the default setting for humans. I’m a fan of Jared Diamond, and in “Guns, Germs and Steel” he draws comparisons between the rise of civilizations and the hunter-gatherers he lived with while in Southeast Asia as a grad student. He described an encounter he witnessed between two men of different tribes who happened to meet in the jungle but then spent a long time talking, trying to find it if they knew people in common or had some sort of connection, in order to develop even a tiny thread of trust otherwise they would be forced to fight each other. Because THAT is the default, not hugs and flowers and birkenstocks and organic produce.

In my opinion, the threat of death at the hands of other people (in addition to diseases and the unforgiving environment) is probably the reason why we have this mutual agreement to live together and form a government and establish rules and build an infrastructure in the first place. Because as much as we hate each other, it’s preferable to constant tribal warfare. And in the absence of these things, we revert to our default setting, which is shoot first and ask questions later.

I ask myself “how can these people be so stupid?” and the answer is always “willful ignorance.” They have to be purposely blind, they have to go to great efforts to compartmentalize and ignore the obvious, in order to maintain their world view. Lefties do it all the time, which is why I could never be one. They constantly claim otherwise but they hate the truth, particularly the etched-in-stone-undeniable truths of nature that we encounter every day. It’s one thing to lie to people, but quite another to so blantanlty deceive yourself to such an extreme.

Messages In This Thread