rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

More red pill workplace rules?

More red pill workplace rules?

I wish I had found this article back in 2013. Some of these rules I already knew and followed by then, other rules I had to learn by trial and error.

Here is some more advice you can follow if you work in a corporate environment.

Understand what you need from your job and give enough in return to get what you need but not more than that. Do you need a promotion or just a steady paycheck so that you can save enough money and move on to do something else? If it's just the paycheck, then just do what you have to do, don't try to make friends or impress other people. If you don't have to impress anybody, your work life becomes much easier.

Happy hours/parties/drinking with colleagues. While it's a good idea to go to at least the most important events, either don't drink at all or have one or two drinks max. Otherwise you'll let your guard down and tell your co-workers more than they need to know (like about that hot chick you banged on vacation in Prague last month). They will remember it, gossip behind your back and may use it against you at some point. Definitely not worth it. Neither is hitting on girls from work (that goes without saying, but I'll mention it just in case).

Be boring and predictable beta male. How did you spend your weekend? You had dinner with your friends/parents/brother and stayed home the rest of the time (even if you actually got drunk and banged a slut or two from a bar). Co-workers might think you're a bit of a loser, but at least they won't envy you or gossip about you.

Vacations.Totally agree with the author about lying. You went to Colorado to visit your sister or [insert some boring place where you have already been], not to Bangkok or Bogota.

Smile and nod. Never be rude even if other people at work are. As much as you want to tell somebody to fuck off, don't do it even when you give your notice. If somebody tries to take advantage of you, there are many ways to stop that without being rude. If you have to be aggressive, be passive aggressive: say "fuck you" with your actions, not your words.

To borrow from radio show host Tom Leykis, don't talk to women at work about anything except work. Depending on your work environment, you may even want to avoid talking to women behind closed doors without witnesses. However, don't be open and honest about it, just avoid situations that could be bad for you.

Never ever discuss politics or any sensitive/cultural subjects at work. Doesn't matter if your colleagues bring up these subjects, just come up with some bullshit and tell them as little as possible. Some of them may even try to provoke you to tell them what you think. There was this asshole at one of my previous jobs who brought up the subject of feminism and women while talking to me. I didn't trust him so I just gave him a BS non-answer.

Take the idea of taboo subjects to the next level. Make a list of non-taboo subjects you can discuss at work, everything else is taboo. Keep the rest to yourself. For example, food, gadgets and the rent is too damn high. Even with those subjects, especially if you make more money than some of your co-workers, be careful and don't reveal specific amounts.

Understand that you are disposable. You are a cog in the machine. Always make sure you have Plan B if you get laid off or fired. Build up your savings and investments. Don't waste money or get in debt. If you are in debt, pay it off as quickly as you can. No matter how shitty your job is, having FU money and knowing you can quit anytime you want will make it more tolerable.

Messages In This Thread