rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Glengarry Glen Ross headed to Broadway - all female cast.

Glengarry Glen Ross headed to Broadway - all female cast.

Quote: (08-11-2018 10:14 AM)questor70 Wrote:  

Female Glengarry Glen Ross was already made.

[Image: 41ibf%2BR5VKL.jpg]

So it's not that women don't have pecking orders and don't compete. It's just in a different context.

I really like Devil Wears Prada, NOT because I like fashion, but because it's easy to see the parallels between competing in a female dominated profession and a male one and translate in my head. At a fundamental level it's not that different.

I have't seen this film but I certainly agree with you that what is great about GGR is how its a study of male interactions and hierarchies. Females interact with each and self-organize very differently are arguable less effectively. The Alaways be Closing Speach would never fly. Another female would never sit there. One would leave, one would start crying hysterically, and one would attack the alpha and start pulling her hair. The fourth one would sleep with her boss or pull some behind the scenes sabotage.

If that's what Devil Wears Prada is about, I need to watch it!

Messages In This Thread