rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

My Dad is a Feminist

My Dad is a Feminist

I've been struggling with this for the past couple of years. I have a great dad who has always supported me and would do anything in the world for me and my sister both growing up and as adults. I owe him a lot in particular for how he helped teach me the tools of the trade as far as my business goes, as I followed in his footsteps in terms of my profession/career. Whatever success I have in life right now is a direct result of the love and support my dad (and mom) have given me throughout my entire life.

Unfortunately, he's now a HUGE leftist/feminist who has SEVERE Trump derangement syndrome and spends virtually all of his free time watching CNN and MSNBC and bashing our president on social media since he's retired and doesn't have much else to do.

I don't understand how he ended up like this since he was mostly a man's man while I grew up, with a lot of masculine hobbies which we still share today. He played D-I college football and fought in the Vietnam war for Christ's sake. I can't help but agree with the OP that deep down inside I feel like I've lost a little respect for him because of his beliefs. For him it started under the Obama administration but was pretty tame, and ever since Trump came into power he's just become completely unhinged. It's horrible to watch.

He knows I'm a MAGA guy and we kind of joke about it when we see each other but otherwise we avoid politics completely. It doesn't really affect our relationship but I'll just never understand how he caught this disease.

Recently on Facebook he posted some rant about how (basically) anyone who voted for Trump is a piece of shit who deserves nothing but scorn, ridicule, and misery, yet he's well aware that I voted for him in the last election. I'll never bring this up to him course, but man.......it's so hard to read stuff like that from your own father.

Messages In This Thread