rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

American Women Have Never Been More Miserable Relative To Men

American Women Have Never Been More Miserable Relative To Men

Quote: (08-07-2018 07:57 AM)JekyllAndHyde Wrote:  

http://www.abc.net.au/life/settling-for-...p/10052260

Settling for average = alpha fux beta bux

From the article :

When Felicity met her now husband, there weren't any butterflies or fireworks.
He was Mr Average. But she was over the highs and lows of relationships with her usual type.
So when she met a "strange-looking, shy and odd" man at work, she decided to change things up.

"He might just be wonderful," she told her friend at the time. "We love the same things, we go hiking, we read books, and I just thought, 'I'm going to ask him out and see what happens'."
Does "settling for average" exist or is it just a reality of long-term monogamy? Listen to women discuss the toll time takes on relationships.
Felicity, 39, says it was a calculated move which led to a marriage based on "rapid-fire decision-making rather than love".

"It sounds so unromantic but [I thought] if it's going to be anyone I have a family with, it's going to be this guy, and if it's going to be this guy, then it may as well be now."
In a world where we're told to find our soulmate, "the one" or true love — it can put a lot of pressure on our seemingly average relationships.

So is there benefit in giving more credit to average?
Felicity thinks there is...

I imagine Felicity's 22 year old self is screaming in agony... [Image: cool.gif]

Messages In This Thread