rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

FEMEN founder Oksana Shachko found dead - Suicide

FEMEN founder Oksana Shachko found dead - Suicide

Quote: (07-25-2018 01:38 PM)asdfk Wrote:  

Most people on either side of the political spectrum do not wish death and suffering to befall on people with a different political opinion.

The biggest different between conservatives and leftists that i see is that conservatives just want to be left alone and don't want to bother others, whereas leftists seem to want to transform the world according to their ideals through compulsion. I think this is the main reason that far leftists have got away with their insanity for so long - most conservatives have just tried to ignore it and get on with their lives without trying to push back. This has mostly been a fine strategy up until quite recently, when the left was emboldened by its success and just went too far, and conservatives began to push back. This pushback has only been relatively mild, but it hit them hard. If they had just stepped off the throttle a few years ago, I don't believe that Trump, Brexit or the rise of right wing parties in Europe would have ever happened. Have they learnt from this strategic mistake? Of course not, and leftist insanity louder than ever. They are like a school yard bully that doesn't learn from a bloody nose, and will only be humbled by a savage beating.

Eventually there will come a point where the right will understand that they fighting an existential battle for their values and way of life, and it won't be pretty unfortunately. Life in the West has been so comfortable and peaceful for such a long time that we've forgotten the lessons of history. The savagery and brutality of war is something that only occurs in far off lands, and we never consider that it could ever visit our shores. But it will come, probably sooner than we except, and it will be brutal. I know that sounds hyperbolic, but nobody in early 20th century Europe expected the devastation of the two world wars - it was a time of unprecedented (up to that point) prosperity, peace and innovation, and the idea that this would all be destroyed by war was unthinkable. Nobody expected that tens off millions of men, women and children would be slaughtered for political and ideological reasons. And yet that's exactly what happened.

So it's true that for now very few people wish death or suffering for others, but history shows us that this can change very quickly. And when the pendulum gains momentum it soon becomes becomes unstoppable.

Messages In This Thread