rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Sports for the middle age man

Sports for the middle age man

Here's the advice I would give my dad who is (i hate to say) a fat out of shape guy

Checklist
Martial arts=perferably both a striking one and a grappling one.
Basketball=low contact and an endurance maker. plus if you can shoot you're always welcome (but i did play college ball so im biased)
Swimming=learn to swim at the very least 200 meters continuously and 25 meters underwater)
Hunting, bushcraft/hiking or rucking= get an understanding of the land and how to live off of it
Endurance running= Atleast be able to run a mile straight
Weight lifitng= powerlifting and strongman is the best way to go, size will come
calisthenics=master your body
Yoga or any type of mobility training

you can fit all this in your schedule (besides the hunting) with 2 hours a day in the gym. just take 30-minute segments and vary it throughout your week. I've done it and it's loads of fun

The goal here is to get your body prepared for almost anything, as a man you cant expect help especially in a crisis so it's best to know how to survive and have the physical abilities to do so

Messages In This Thread