rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Sports for the middle age man

Sports for the middle age man

Quote: (07-16-2018 04:56 AM)Saweeep Wrote:  

My area of expertise is martial arts, so I'm gonna stick to giving my opinions on that.

I think there's a reason why some of the traditional arts (Karate and Kung Fu) are popular with older people beyond the generational fads of their youths. They are just gentler on the body.

BJJ is an interesting one as the injuries may be less common but they have the potential to be ruinous. I'd be very wary of getting started in the sport at such a late age; knees and joints just don't heal at 35+ like they do when you're younger.

Forget about Muay Thai, Kickboxing, TKD etc. For obvious reasons. They are just brutal on the body.

I reckon boxing may turn out to be the winner, again, as it often is in most "what martial arts shall I do" discussions.

Any Martial Arts you would recommend that are good to age into for someone who is new? I am looking to get into it, although it is quite late (29/30).

I am looking at fencing and archery since I have always been good at obscure random sports (handball, ultimate frisbee, curling) and want to get away from team sports. I also want to try tennis and yoga because I see hot girls doing it and it can be an easy way to swoop.

Messages In This Thread