rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Why is hippy-ism a left wing phenomenon, not a right wing one?

Why is hippy-ism a left wing phenomenon, not a right wing one?

Don't muddy the waters too much mixing culture/politics and personality, at least at the outset.

More orderly people are conservative. More conservatives are orderly.

Less orderly people tend to be liberals. Liberals tend to be less orderly.

(Understand though, even 'conservative' and 'liberal' are contextual.)

Now you can see how this would push politics. In the 60s, liberal "hippies" were going against the rigid orderliness that produced two world wars. The creation of superpowers requires orderliness. The Soviets had the gulags and starving tens of millions of people at a time (uber structured), Hitler had ravaged Europe, the U.S. had annihilated Japan's soul with two nukes. It all cost the world about 100 million people, mostly men. It's understandable there was a counter-culture movement.

Nowadays it's the 'conservatives' saying we want less order from a Federal perspective and more cultural order. I'm not sure if this has ever worked in the history of mankind, but I'm interested in how it plays out. Get rid of all these ridiculous Federal laws, but welcome cultural pressures and orderliness.
Shame the father who abandons his family.
Shame the woman who sluts around.
Shame people who cut in line. Shame someone for mouthing off to a cop.
Shame shame shame...but not to the point of complete ostracizing. Shame the behavior.

A great example to this is abortion. If this bad legislation is overturned, and abortion laws are left to states, and let's say Indiana makes it illegal to abort after 28 weeks...will this create social pressures to not abort children before 28 weeks. I suspect it will. I think it will give a little more freedom to express concern over all abortions, not just illegal ones.

“Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate.”

Messages In This Thread