rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Help me title my upcoming game book

Help me title my upcoming game book

I'm happy to announce that my new game book is mostly complete. All I have to do is record the audiobook, which should be done in a month. Then I will give out review copies and prepare for a September launch. The only problem is I haven't yet decided on a title.

The book is 140,000 words and about 400 pages. It is a reboot of Bang that covers similar ground (approaching, conversation, dating, closing, sex, etc.). New content is on the cultural why of game, deeper analysis of internal game, a fleshed out game program for newbies, protections against false rape accusations, game modifications for traditional women, and most significantly, a chapter on relationships for men who intend to one day after a family.

The new book is intended for men whose game is at the beginner or intermediate level. Men who are "advanced" will still learn some things, but will probably see most of the book as a review.

With that description out of the way, what should I name it? I want a title that is simple and not trendy so that it could be relevant for at least two decades. I also want to avoid clever titles (e.g. "The Big Bang"). Two titles I came up with:

"Game"

I really like how it is one-word, just like Bang is, and how it connotes an authoritarian heaviness. The only problem is that there is already a memoir called "The Game" by Neil Strauss. I consulted with two lawyers and they believe I'm legally in the clear as long as I don't confuse consumers that my book is actually Strauss' book. I would achieve this with a completely different cover and sub-title that shows it's an instructional manual instead of a PUA memoir. Still, I feel uneasy about having such a similar title.

"The Way Of Game"

This title has a popular Eastern philosophical phrase that reflects balance, which I believe this book has. It repeatedly asserts that game should be done to connect with women, not for your ego. Unlike in Bang, I guide the reader into treating game as a tool instead of a lifestyle. There is another book called "The Way Of Men", but it has nothing to do with game.

So what do you think?

Messages In This Thread