rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

12 kids trapped in Thai Cave Complex
2 kids trapped in Thai Cave Complex
Quote: (07-07-2018 04:28 PM)puckerman Wrote:  

Quote: (07-06-2018 11:14 AM)TravelerKai Wrote:  

I'm surprised that cave is not full of deadly snakes. Thailand is full of dangerous snakes, scorpions, etc. It's like an Asian Style Australia or something. A reticulated python or a King Cobra would not find a place like that comfortable? Russell's vipers?

The answer to that is simple really. Snakes are not stupid. They probably have some type of clock/calendar, and they have enough sense to stay away from caves because the monsoons are coming.

Human beings, of course, are stupid enough to do this. And that's why we are talking about this. Human beings are the only creatures stupid enough to get caught in a situation like this.

It's like the canary in the coal mine. Miners used to take canaries into mines. If the canary died, it meant humans should get out. When you don't see life somewhere, you might think: "Humans aren't supposed to be here." The brilliant coach ignored all that.

Actually there are lots and lots of animal skeletons and fossils found in both wet and dry caves all over the world.

Like I wrote in my post above its the little unexpected things that can make and otherwise safe situation turn deadly. In the case of the Thai cave it was an early, heavy rain fall

"Leap, and the net will appear". John Burroughs

"The big question is whether you are going to be able to say a hearty yes to your adventure."
Joseph Campbell

Messages In This Thread