rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

2012 Election: Who do you think will win?
012 Election: Who do you think will win?
Quote: (09-27-2011 07:03 PM)basilransom Wrote:  

Curious... If you were the emperor of the US, how would you fight obesity?

I'd probably tax sugar. In basically everything, besides fruits. And end crop subsidies. Maybe tax vegetable oils.

Can't think of anything else.

I'd start controlling food stamps a lot better. There's enough people on them to make a difference. The folks I see using them tend to be a bit on the heavy side.

Control where they are allowed to be used. Then start tighter regulation of what the people using these benefits can buy.

Where I live I see people in the line at 7-11 using the EBT cards like crazy. They're buying big two liter bottles of soda, fried noodle bentos, pork rinds and all kinds of other bad shit. Granted I'm buying cigarettes, beer and zig zags, but I'm paying with cash. I also only weigh 200 pounds and swim my ass off every day.

I understand the need to feed those who can't feed themselves, but do it with a heart. If you care enough about people to feed them, do it right. Someone who is on unemployment has no job. They can spend an extra 20 minutes to cook a chicken instead of buying four hotdogs.

On top of that, 7-11 charges more because of the convenience factor. People on welfare don't necessarily need that do they?

Quote: (09-27-2011 07:03 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

If Christie goes with a "I am fat. You the American People are fat. Let's all be fat together!!!" campaign slogan, I think he would win by a landslide (so to speak).

That's a funny idea for a slogan, and funny to read. Think about how true that might be though. I don't see a state on the list with less than 20% obesity. I know when I go to vote, I see a shit load of those folks at the polls. The rest of them get absentee ballots.

Do you know a lot of black guys that didn't vote for Barack Obama?

I don't know a single Hawaiian that didn't. I also don't know a single one that won't do it again, just because of the green birth certificate, myself included.

If you ask me, poor health is the number one problem with America right now. I've never been fat, but I have been seriously injured. When my body wasn't healthy, my brain wasn't healthy. I would never have trusted my own decisions. During some of those injuries, I was a high-paid mainland government employee. They knew to take me out of the serious decision making situations, and I agreed.

I just watched that poor guy on some Cspan thing at the Reagan Library. He has some serious health issues, and any idea of him being involved in a Presidential capacity better be nipped in the bud real quickly. Here he's got asthma: http://articles.latimes.com/2011/jul/28/...y-20110728. If you can't breathe properly, you shouldn't be anywhere near the nuke codes.

I'm not deep like you guys, just sharing my opinion.

Aloha!

Messages In This Thread