rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Berlin July 2018 update 1 week

Berlin July 2018 update 1 week

Intro: This is the 1st leg of a multi month Euro trip, and I have to get some business out of the way in Germany 1st.

Berlin it is. July 2018.

Phone: use this as a reference: http://prepaid-data-sim-card.wikia.com/wiki/Germany

I personally went with Vodafone, it was ok. Coming from NA where I'm used to continuous cell coverage of at least 3G I found Vodafone completely garbage. It would switch to EDGE randomly and when you need it the most(clubs, outside walking). Apparently it is still better then O2 currently. If you get asked if you are a tourist or live here, say you live here and give them an address of the hostel/airbnb/etc where you are living. They never checked and top ups can be done online or in store. Deutsche Telekom has been known to want verified proof of address.

I went to the Vodafone shop at Alexanderplatz station, there's also a Starbucks there so if you're completely fucked, at least you can wifi up 1st.

Transportation: The berlin metro options are complicated as a 1st timer. There's the S-Bahn(above ground), U-Bahn(underground),
light rail(above ground), bus, commuter trains. If you buy the all day pass for 7 EUR, you can take any option and not worry. Not sure about commuter trains though. If you get in from Tegel(TXL) there's a bus directly to Alexanderplatz, or you can walk a little to the nearest U-Bahn. From Schonfeld(SXF), there's a S-Bahn line to Alexanderplatz as well. On Friday night to Sun evening, public transportation stays open 24/7.

Food: Plenty of options, pick one you like. Donair places are mainly open 24/7 so for that 4am grab that is where I'd be.

Neighbourhoods: The party is usually towards the east side of berlin around Friedrichstein. I'd suggest Prenzlauger Berg, Kreuzberg, Friedrichstein, or Mitte(the center). Charlottenburg is nice, but I feel from walking all those neighborhoods there wasn't much going on after dark in Charlottenburg. Of course stay close to an S or U bahn station.

Touristy shit: Brandenburg Gate, Museum Island, Charlottenburg palace, Reichstag, Tiergarten, Berlin wall are just a few. Berlin doesn't disappoint on this front.

Clubs: I went to KitKat and Tresor only. There is a shit ton of clubs to choose from with various degrees of door policy but I can confirm these 2 were among the easiest. Know your shit though(the DJs, how many in your group), I personally witnessed people get rejected in line at both.

KitKat: Going of off Ogunn's 2016 Berlin datasheet, yes KitKat is a sex club so be prepared for that. Sat nights at KitKat are dress code nights, the other nights are clothing optional. On a Fri night there were people completely dressed inside. Fri night is a scene of debauchery, you have been warned. Mon night was much more tame and ironically the better night to game. More on this below.

Tresor: For me I had to go to at least 1 of the institutions in Berlin for the music and this was it given my schedule. If you aren't into techno, you're at the wrong place. You can pickup here, not exactly the easiest on a Sat night, I personally saw better results myself on Mon night(the same Mon night).

Game/pickup: I'm a nightgame dude so continuing from above while the clubs on the weekends are filled with people, a lot of them are just here to dance to pounding 140bpm dark techno. Not that there wasn't guys hitting on girls, but that bitch shields were up.

For example: Fri night at KitKat I saw maybe 5 guys including myself trying to get girls, of which weren't lesbian, a couple, a mixed set of local friends, or a hot tourist with a fat friend here to party. Most dudes there are gay. Girls outwardly DTF, there were few. But with that said, if you are doing a SNL, you can literally fuck at the club. At 6am, this one average height Turkish dude had only managed to get the number of a hot MILF, and he was a machine.

Mon night was better, more tourists, ratios at least 50/50. Looking around, at least half the guys and girls are making out. Guys are approaching, girls are receptive(lots of UK girls).

Same for Tresor.

German women: Coquettes are the best way I can describe them. I fucking hate coquettes even though I was actually impressed by the quality of the German girls after reading up here. I would agree the longer term approach would pay off in Germany as espoused by others here. Get used to staring competitions and for them to stand next to you but do nothing kind of behavior.

German men: Not much competition here, most don't lift and are fairly passive. They do have charm though so if your working a set of 2 and you are engaging the fat friend and there's a german dude hanging around, be careful.

Tourists: This is where I'd say the short term traveler would shine. Hit up a few of the hostels, I'd suggest the ones with bars if you are not staying at the hostel so you can mingle. Be social, get wings, or just hit on the girls here and you may not even need to go out to another location. This is how I pulled an Asian girl, and I had plenty of options among the other British girls as well(a lot of Brits).

Summary: All in all, I enjoyed my time and going in with 0 expectations to try out DigitalNomad's hostel type game(I don't usually hostel). I'm in Prague currently writing this and making my way east so holler at a brother if you want to go out.

Messages In This Thread