rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Dogs/pets

Dogs/pets

Dog +:

- A friendly dog is the best wingman out there; girls love dogs and dogs never get approach anxiety. A cute dog sniffing a girl's box is a surprisingly solid opener.

- Companionship. My dog is a preferable companion to...a very surprisingly high number of women that have been in my life. He can sit still, he doesn't want to watch some stupid reality show, he doesn't drink my liquor and he knows when to shut up. Only thing most women have is that I can fuck them and they can grab beer and smokes on the way to my place.

- Unconditional love. this is why women get dogs, because a dog is the only thing that can love unconditionally. For example, I only raise my hand to my dog in the most egregious of offenses, like last month when I was having some friends over for a meeting and session, I went out and got four thick, immaculate slices of Angus, marinaded them overnight and then left them on the counter to reach out to get the mail. I come back and the plate is broken on the floor, two steaks are gone and my dog runs away with his tail between his legs. I gave him a good smack to the face and a solid kick in the ass. I then need to go out and drop a next $60 on four more steaks before my people arrived...and guess who was greeting me, tail wagging at the door when I returned?

- Security. This is a game forum, so in our line of work we're bound to attract a few crazy ones, and some of us (G) are bound to attract some crazy attention. A dog, with his super hearing and sense of smell, will know if someone is creeping around your pad minutes before you do, and those minutes can be all the difference you need.

Dog -:

- The cost. Last year, after food, toys, vet bills (chronic ear problems, checkup, Heartworm) and the carpet-steamer I had to rent when my dog had the shits, was about $955.

That's three nights in a suite at the Bellagio...not some wack little two-bed room your company sprung for that you need to share with Bob from Accounting who has no game, a suite...1000+ square feet, separate bedrooms and a lounge area that you can actually lounge in.

- Training. If you get a dog, you need to be around to train him and discipline him constantly in the first three months you have him, otherwise it's going to pick up some bad habits that are almost impossible to correct in later life. This is why I always advise getting a puppy; I understand the function of the SPCA and admire their ethos, but if you get a dog that someone else already owned, their training is already imprinted in the dog's mind, and it takes time to undo all of their fuckups.

- Freedom. Have dog? Prepare to give up some of your freedom. I know so many people that want to get a dog and do get dogs when really they shouldn't. If you aren't prepared to have a kid, you probably aren't prepared to get a dog. Let's run it down.

- Runs and walks - If you have an athletic or sporting breed (and if you're a dude and you're getting a Yorkie or a Chihuahua or a Bichon or something, man card, now), they need to be walked for at least 45 minutes a day to avoid getting fat. 45 minutes a day doesn't sound like much, right? That's more than 5 hours a week, and as I said, for athletic breeds (Labs, German Shepherds, Dobermans) that's baseline.

- Travel. You travel, you need to either board (and it's a racket...lots of them push upwards of $50 per dog per day) or have someone you can trust (operative word - trust) who is competent to housesit and watch the dog.

Messages In This Thread