rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Lacking the Energy/Motivation to "Spin Plates"

Lacking the Energy/Motivation to "Spin Plates"

So I get why, whenever you're not in a truly serious LTR (and depending on your (a)morality, including a serious LTR lol) having a rotation of girls is super important for maximizing your game. Spinning plates Demonstrates High Value, keeps you from getting too attached to any girl, makes sure you always have options available to keep neediness at bay, etc, etc.

---

So I get all this intellectually, and there have definitely been times in my life where I've had different fuck buddies on call for a couple weeks at a time when I was like transitioning between main hook ups or whatever. But I've definitely noticed that when I'm consistently having good sex with a girl a like, my drive to go out into the world and deal with all the headaches, rejection, and straight up footwork of spitting at new girls goes WAY DOWN. I can struggle with getting my dick up and hitting the pavement to spit game at the best (or technically worst, I suppose) of times, when I haven't seen a pussy since the last seasonal change or something like that. But like when I'm consistently fucking a chick, my willingness to deal with all the bullshit involved in really running pickup just plummets. A girl pretty much has to fall into my lap, figuratively speaking (eg like we strike up a conversation casually at a house party and i can just tell she's down. like that level of easy.) for me to fuck her if im already getting laid consistently. It's not really, or primarily at least, a sex drive thing: if I'm fucking 2-3 nights a week with one girl I'll still be jacking off a good amount. It's just that having to wade out into the sexual marketplace when I don't really feel an urgent need is something I shy away from...what does that say about me, besides the obvious "i'm not in the flow state of my game abilities yet"?

---

So mainly just posted this here
(1) to put these thoughts and feelings I've had for a while down in writing, to give them a more definite form so that I might more easily easily understand them myself
(2) see if anyone else in the forum has or continues to experience this same phenomena. Maybe there's some shared attribute that's holding us back from stepping up our game into the harem stage lol - in fact, I'm sure there is, if it's not several things. Any guesses as to specific mechanisms that might be underlying this reticence? I guess one obvious answer is that my game just isn't tight enough: if it were better, I would have much less of a deterrent to going out there and spitting because I get better returns on time/energy investment. Could it also be (gasp) that I'm a person who naturally tends towards monogamy? Hmmm.
(3) To get forum members' broader takes on "spinning plates," what it involves on behalf of the man personally, what sort of social dynamics it generates, and what it does for your romantic life?

Messages In This Thread