rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Study: South Asian Immigrants To Canada Abort More Than Half Of Female Fetuses

Study: South Asian Immigrants To Canada Abort More Than Half Of Female Fetuses

Quote: (06-22-2018 11:46 PM)Arado Wrote:  

Yup - exactly, thanks for clarifying. There is a deep chasm between how the alt-right sees dysfunctional behavior among some Indians and subsequently views Indian culture as backwards vs. the more nationalist/prideful Indians that dismiss backwards customs as part of the fringe and not at all reflective of their conception of Indian culture.

To Americans/Europeans/Asians/etc, all Indians are the same. We're lucky if they can even distinguish between Indians and Pakistanis or Hindus and Muslims, let alone distinguish between Punjabis/Biharis and South Indians. Bad actions from one group reflect poorly on everyone. We have to self-police our own if we don't want to wear out our welcome in the West (if it's not too late already).

There are a couple things that need to be noted about this situation:

-- This seems like an incredibly tiny segment of the Indian Canadian population. How many second-gen Desi women who have had abortions and already have had two daughters even are there? Most Desis I know stop at two kids at most (in America, at least). Maybe Canada is different, but I don't imagine that it's significantly different. Unless there's some massive population of second-generation Desi women who have had two daughters and an abortion in their past, who are then practicing sex-selective abortion to have a son, it is actually ridiculous to tar millions of Indian Americans/Canadians/ABCDs under this brush. If the alt-right is doing that, they can go fuck themselves. These people will throw screaming bitch-fits whenever someone calls out the preponderance of white Americans in mass shootings, but they're more than happy to look down on another group of people because of the actions of a miniscule minority. It's especially ridiculous considering that Indian Americans are the most prosperous and educated group in America with a minimal crime rate. I'm a Trump supporter, but I really could care less as to how I appear to Richard Spencer and his pack of inbreds.

-At the same time, there is an aspect of rural Indian culture that is responsible for garbage like this. It is a massive problem in areas like Haryana, Bihar, and UP, where gender ratios are lopsided and violence against women is not uncommon. This a failure of the Indian federal government and of local state governments. There needs to be a violent fix to things like this -- I would suggest that fathers who commit female infanticide be publically flogged and humiliated. India in general needs to get vastly tougher on sex crime. The country as a whole is improving very quickly, and I'm confident that things like this will get phased out -- but they need to get phased out ASAP, violently if necessary.

-- I really could care less about "wearing out our welcome" in the west -- if random people are going to judge me by the actions of people across the world who vaguely look like me (despite speaking a different language, having a very different culture, and growing up in a completely different environment than me), they're pieces of trash. I've actually met a couple white Americans living and working in India. If I lived in India, I wouldn't treat them any differently just because I read a story about yet another white guy shooting up an elementary school. This is a drastically worse and more prevalent problem than second-generation Desi women who have had two daughters and an abortion in their past -- but even then, I would be an asshole if I viewed them as being the same as the worst dregs of their particular community.

-- With all that being said, I agree with you and Genghis that things like this need to be called out and curtailed. Not so that we don't piss off the spergs in the alt right, but because it's a fucked-up, anti-human practice that holds our culture back. Many Indians in the west do do this and actively donate to charities and funds that try to combat attitudes like this. But FWIW this is only a serious issue in rural Northwest India -- it isn't even a problem in South or NE India, let alone among diaspora communities in the west.

Messages In This Thread