rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Which rappers and rap group are in your top 5?

Which rappers and rap group are in your top 5?

Quote: (06-19-2018 01:34 AM)jordypip23 Wrote:  

Quote: (06-19-2018 01:32 AM)VisionsofGandhi Wrote:  

Quote: (06-19-2018 01:18 AM)jordypip23 Wrote:  

I hate making these kinds of lists because it's so subjective and I like way more than just 5 (individual & groups lol).

When it comes to groups I might even put Wu-Tang Clan at #1 in hip hop. They've been in the game for so long and have such a deep roster of talent. I've seen Ghostface Killah perform live once in Chicago in 2005. Very high energy set.

There is a generational gap that exists now, however. Most of the young'ns could care less about these legendary old school heads that you referenced.

I'm 18 myself and you're right few people listen to these goats in my generation. But those of my friends who i have shown this type of shit generally like it.

LOL I'm nearly double your age so I actually grew up listening to just about all the names that you mentioned. When I listen to the new stuff I'm mainly just trying to relate to & understand the new generation. All bets are off if I'm a little bit faded & in the club (which isn't nearly as often as it was several years ago). I can get down to most music as long as it has a decent beat.
Yeah i get you, I don't hate all of the new shit but it doesn't have much worth outside of the club for me

Man , i found out about the battle of Algiers movie due to a mos def song, Nas put me on to Aesop fables. Which rap artist right know would even be able to put such things in his music even if he wanted it. He probably wouldn't know about certain stuff like that.

Messages In This Thread