rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Giving up Active Duty military to teach English in South America, should I do it?

Giving up Active Duty military to teach English in South America, should I do it?

Quote: (06-15-2018 12:23 PM)The Black Knight Wrote:  

Overall, just sounds like you need to get some overseas fix out of your system.... what about Puerto Rico? Plenty of chances to do a side English teaching gig while assigned there and you get a bit of a Latin America vibe.

Also, you should look to see if any kind of sabbatical program exists in the CG. Some of the other branches have established programs to allow people to peace out for for a bit and come back as retention tools specifically for people in similar situations such as yourself.

Anyway, that's enough to get the ball rolling. Hope that helps.

Thanks. I tried to get Puerto Rico out of my last unit but did not get it. Besides I am not sure if it would be good after the hurricane and I am not a fan of the heat. I heard that in South America, especially in the mountainous areas like Peru, it does not get as hot.

Overall I do like the Coast Guard, but just needed to scratch the overseas living/teaching itch. But I am very comfortable at the moment.

Messages In This Thread