rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Giving up Active Duty military to teach English in South America, should I do it?

Giving up Active Duty military to teach English in South America, should I do it?

If you find it tolerable, stay in.

I left a couple years ago. I was an officer in the other maritime branch. The private sector has it's own problems. I do make a lot more money. The military was not tolerable for me, so I did my service and got out. In hindsight though, it's not a bad gig if you can negotiate the politics effectively. The two things I miss are the excitement of PCSing (something I bitched about when I was AD) and the pride of actually being a service member. That being said, I do not regret leaving. I personally could not do that for 20 years no matter what pension is available.

Do not make any big decisions in the military based on that fiancee. None. Cut the rope unless you truly love her. She will fuck up all your plans otherwise.

Messages In This Thread