rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Why do progressives believe non-progressives are "intentionally being assholes"?

Why do progressives believe non-progressives are "intentionally being assholes"?

Reading this puts a lot of things in perspective(2012):

https://www.anonymousconservative.com/bl...th-dinner/
Quote:Quote:

Romney was great at the Al Smith dinner. The link to the transcript and video is here.

His speech was one big amygdala hijack for Obama, full of Narcissistic dogwhistles. He begins with a joke about how he loves attending this type of white tie dinner, because he and Ann get to wear the clothes which they wear normally around the house. To a normal person, Romney was making a self deprecating joke about his being stuffy. To a Narcissist, in competition with him, Romney was highlighting that he an Ann are rich robber barons. These things hurt Narcissists, strangely enough. I can only understand this by hearing Romney say it, and then picturing how my own narcissist would deflate into a fetid pool of envy, as he heard it.
Quote:Quote:

On the subject of how Liberals will see Mitt’s comments differently, here are two comments from readers, at the linked article,

“Kell,” who sees the world through the Narcissist’s lens (and assumes everyone else thinks like her as well), wrote a reply saying:

“…I did read Mr. Romney’s speech’s transcript in full. He is so insulting and gross. I don’t think he has any idea how badly his words fall on the ears of everyday Americans…”

“Chris,” who obviously knows a Narcissist, said,

“Just like the narcissist in chief, the comments here reveal Obama and his supporters can neither take any criticism, [nor] perhaps even a joke.”

This is sort of scary because it implies that you can just be yourself and people get "triggered" for no reason and feel completely justified in doing so. This is also Kiwi mentality- they narcissistically believe NZ is good/superior for [whatever excuse comes to mind](ie, no objective reasoning). But when foreigners just do their thing, particularly Americans, they are considered "arrogant".

Think this explains my life- I can believe what I believe and not do anything wrong, and people would read too much into it and believe I'm out to get them and are justified in trying to undermine me. I'm not sure how to solve this. The irrational hate to Trump, Lauren/Stefan makes me think this country is a goner.

While it seems in most places it's limited to politics, in NZ people seem so insecure it propagates to anything in general. Unless you believe the same stupid things Kiwis do they will cast you out no matter how positive/friendly you are.

Messages In This Thread