rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Using social media to DHV and build status without coming off as fake.

Using social media to DHV and build status without coming off as fake.

Quote: (06-07-2018 09:45 PM)a beer is enough Wrote:  

Quote: (06-07-2018 09:42 PM)Batman_ Wrote:  

If you think it's worth an increased likelihood of depression, lower self-esteem, and becoming ego/image obsessed, go ahead and start an IG to get a higher DHV. Personally I don't think the tradeoff is worth it.

Oh how I used to be in the same boat as you back in my college days, thinking social media is for the conformists until I realized what a mistake I made. Well put together accounts most definitely have their benefit in this day and age, especially if you are chasing after hot girls who care about how their friends perceive them. I mean I all for being an alpha and breaking the trend but I am starting to notice it sure as hell has its benefits to play the social media game, as long as it is done right.

Plus, if you let the social media game depress you when playing it, the issue is not social media it is you. It is like fat people blaming fast food for them getting fat.

I never said there wasn't a benefit. I'm not basing my argument on social conformity but on numerous studies that have been published that show the relationship between social media and mental health. And the people with immense popularity in social media aren't necessarily any better off than the unpopular people, in terms of how it effects their perceived self image. It's also horrifyingly addicting, but that's another discussion.

Messages In This Thread