rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Woman who tried to live the Sex And The City lifestyle admits she ruined her life

Woman who tried to live the Sex And The City lifestyle admits she ruined her life

Quote: (07-26-2018 07:57 PM)Days of Broken Arrows Wrote:  

Quote: (07-26-2018 06:51 PM)SlickyBoy Wrote:  

Quote: (06-03-2018 10:28 PM)KMK Wrote:  

She's 37. By that age fertility has slightly declined but is still far above "gone." 2 minutes of googling says that if she tries hard to conceive a baby with her betabux, there's about a 70% chance she'll succeed. For a 20's woman it's 90ish%.

Early to mid 40s is when it starts to look truly hopeless.

Her crisis is "I aged out of being able to secure commitment from a top tier man", not "I can't have kids anymore."

Wrong. By age 37 the raw numbers of remaining eggs plummets to less than half of the level barely ten years earlier. By age 40 there's only about 3% of the eggs left and miscarriages are more likley - not good odds.

As the eggs get older, the risk of cranking out a retard grows exponentially. Pregnancies past age 35 are considered high risk, and by 37 chromosome abnormalities odds shoot through the roof.

She blew it and she knows it.

You wanna know what's ironic about this? Older women cranking out retarded/autistic kids has now become an informal jobs program for aging, barren single women.

I know a bunch of Gen X nurses. None of 'em married or had kids and all of them spend time caring for either retarded kids, retarded adults, autistics, or the kids who are just "off-center" and end up crazy, homeless, and drug addicted.

The last time I talked to one, I had to bite my tongue and NOT say something like "So this is progress. Instead of getting married and having kids, you married your job and raise other people's kids."

I should stress that the job of "caregiver" to disturbed child after disturbed child is a LOT more difficult than having your own kid. When these women were all gung-ho and majoring in nursing and psychology, I guess no one told them this.

You have to wonder what the parents of these Gen X women now think about the way they raised their daughters. Childless and caring for the retarded is probably not the legacy the Alanis/Gwen/Hole generation wanted to leave, but it looks like that's what they're doing as they push age 50.

They don't. They're sitting in their vacation home watching reruns, listening to Time Life Best of the 60s, and patting themselves on the back for being so successful.

Messages In This Thread