rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Weight loss basics?

Weight loss basics?

Quote: (06-02-2018 09:54 PM)Fortis Wrote:  

Quote: (06-02-2018 09:49 PM)Dulceácido Wrote:  

Quote: (06-02-2018 09:41 PM)Fortis Wrote:  

if you're almost 300 pounds at 6'3 you're eating like a fucking hippo.

Get a food scale and weight out everything you eat. I know some guys are gonna say 'NOOOOO DON'T DO THAT,' but they're enabling you and you shouldn't listen to them.

Get a fucking food scale, weight out all your food and post a week's worth of food data here for us.

Total calories
Total Carbs
total protein
Total fats

for each day.

If you're not gonna willing to do this, then you're starting off on the wrong foot. Fork discipline is key for naturally fatter guys.

So much truth here in this post--BUT...

He wanted "basics." Don't get so technical. He could eat snickers bars or just eat mouthfuls of sugar. The overall health benefits of that will be shitty, but if you expend more calories than you absorb, the weight comes off. That's "basic." It's impossible to do otherwise.

When we start talking about diet and nutrition, it gets more advanced (not much, but still).

I agree, but if you wanna make lasting changes, you gotta go balls deep. I've seen too many guys follow fad diets, drop weight, and then stop the fad diet and put all the weight back on.

The reason for that is because they never actually changed. They didn't learn about why they're fat and what the major culprits were, they wanted the easy way and they got suboptimal results.

This is a redpill forum. Sometimes you gotta give people what they need and not what they want. This isn't a swipe at you or GFD, I just figure I should write down the real shit instead of writing down what he wants to read.

I agree totally. A diet of snickers bars and jelly beans is not gonna go well. And I also agree with what you said about weighing your food and meticulously monitoring your caloric intake.

Perhaps it was "irresponsible" of me to suggest such a ridiculous thing to a novice seeking advice, but what I said is really a fact. You will lose weight, but you'll die of malnutrition and liver failure, but hey, you ask for the basics and I tell you the basics.

Messages In This Thread