rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Tinder girl suggested to meet up and then cancelled last minute

Tinder girl suggested to meet up and then cancelled last minute

Hey all, been a lurker on these forums but this is my first post.

Had some good banter with a girl on Tinder but I bailed out on inviting her over after only about 6 msgs so got her number instead (was getting late so figured I better end the convo while on a high).

Txted her the next day but she was very slow to reply and only responded once.

Today she texted me in the morning:

Her: "Wanna meet today?"

Me: " My flatmates have put me on house arrest until I finish my work, but come over and we can secretly watch Netflix"

Her: " Yeah okay, where u live xx"

Me: " #Address#, I'll be home after 7pm, Don't forget the treats x"
(She agreed to bring treats for my dog previously, which isn't acc at my college house but ah well, I never said it was)

Her: "Where about is that? X oh u going out? I finish college at half 4"

Me: "Hard to describe haha, off #road x# in #y
Going for a meal with my grp after we hand in a project. May be home earlier, will let you know [Image: smile.gif]"

Her: "I'll try and find it lol, I'll prob get a bus from the station, is it far from there?? And awwhh cute [Image: smile.gif]"

Me:" It's a 15 min walk from bus station but it's all uphill so depends if you feel like being active [Image: wink.gif]
Several buses take you within 5 min walk but check google maps as I don't remember which ones"

Her "I'll walk"

Few hours later

Me "Coolio, Ill be home by 6 now"

Her " Idk if it's a bit soon to meet aha"

Me: "Haha why so serious? Just some fun and get to know eachother x"

I mean, I can understand that not all girls are keen to go to a stranger's house before they've even met, but I usually miss out on many girls who are down to fuck / FWB / 1NS from tinder because I invite them to go for drinks rather then straight up come over.

This girl suggested we meet up herself after exchanging only 8 msgs in total, most which were flirty.

Maybe I became a bit boring after she suggested the meet up, but it's not exactly easy to make jokes about your address or how to get there lol.

I feel like she had all day to tell her friends and they probably argued against going to a stranger's house because otherwise I don't really see the sudden change in attitude.

Any advice on how to handle these txt convos better? I'm not gonna lose sleep as Tinder is a numbers game but I feel like a salesman who works up their client cold calling, get's them to enter their credit card details and then somehow scare them away from actually buying.

This has happened a few times so the problem is def in me somewhere but really, particularly in this case, I don't think I really did anything that 'wrong'?

Cheers for any advice.

Messages In This Thread