rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Graduation ceremonies...worth attending or not?

Graduation ceremonies...worth attending or not?

Hi everyone,

I'm graduating from university this year, along with my group of friends at university. It will be a nice way to commemorate our times over the years together studying, long night sessions at libraries and dealing with exams etc.

Despite how expensive it will cost (around $300+ for the cost of it and hiring the gown) I was willing to participate.
However after I finish my final exams in June, I'll be on my way to North America with my return flight scheduled to come back the weekend right before graduation.

I kinda of regret now buying the return ticket because I'm uncertain to whether I will definitely return for it. Especially if I am having an amazing time overseas (I plan to fly out to Europe/South America as well).

My close group of friends (outside of university) majority have said not to, and just go and travel as it is more enjoyable and that ceremonies are just a boring day of waiting, taking photos and a gimmick. My uni mates however are adamant on attending (they are academic achievers, and quite blue pilled), as it is a milestone and celebrating an achievement and I agree that we should commemorate together but I am still unsure.

So to all those who have graduated from university, please tell me your experiences and whether or not you think it is worth going to, factoring in having to come back for it from being overseas.

Without a doubt I would attend if I were in the country but since I have majority of my family in North America if I head back I will miss events such as Halloween, Hannukah and Christmas.

Messages In This Thread