rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

New Orleans mini-datasheet 2018

New Orleans mini-datasheet 2018

I lived in New Orleans for a long stint. My last visit was December 2017 for a week so I figured I'd throw up a mini-datasheet.

Quick overview:

New Orleans a drug infested, crime ridden city but if you're a 7 days a week party type or have less than a few days to stay I would highly recommend it.

It’s a obvious gem for people wanting to go on a insane drug induced or alcohol fueled bender on the cheap with few law enforcement consequences if you can keep your shit together.

It also has a totally unique culture/history in the USA, with a great live music scene and some of the best bar culture you could ever ask for.

Also, it's easy to get lost in the city because of how it's laid out along the river and old streets. Ask directions or flag down a cab / Uber if you get really turned around.

Taxis:

Uber is available. At the airport will be a $4 - $6 surge pricing.
Regular Taxis are cheap as well, you'll get in a line outside the airport and expect a $25 - $30 cab ride into the city.

Once in the City you can pretty much get anywhere worthwhile for under $5 - $10

If you end up out late at night, get a cab or Uber back to your hotel or apartment.
The city is dangerous and you can/will get robbed if you walk down the wrong street.

How to find Lodging:

AirBnB is good for a few days but usually overpriced for what you can get other ways.

Hotels are cheap in the city except during convention season which starts around October. It's still cheaper than many cities but there is a price surge around this time. I recommend you go during some major conference as it'll be ONS/SNL heaven.

Craigslist is a easy hit as there is weekly lodging for service people. Just tell the home owner you're moving there to work in service and you'll pay $175 - $250 for one week. You're pretty much living in a boarding house but you'll have your own private room/key with a shared bathroom. The conditions of the places range from dilapidated to fully renovated like 3 - 4 star hotel rooms.

Day-game:

Frenchman and the Quarter. There is no special method. Literally just talk to girls and open sets. Most of them will be drunk or open to party. I lived in the Quarter and Treme for a long time and I would get stopped at least 1 - 2 times a week walking to and from my office by girls. (usually drunk and looking for someone to hangout with)

Bars:

Everywhere in NOLA is hit or miss any day of the week but the good news is where you go there will be at least 10 - 15 options nearby within walking distance that will be happening. Aside from Duval Street Key West the Quarter is one of the most condensed watering holes in the USA some might say dirty 6th in Austin is comparable but they never spent anytime in NOLA. (I also lived in Austin) Dirty 6th in Austin is good for guys under 35, but NOLA is still many times easier.

Bourbon Street is worth taking a walk down and getting one drink someplace just to say you've done it, but don't make a night of it. The drinks are seriously overpriced, and most places cater to the tourist. turn left or right off of Bourbon and you'll find something you like.

Check out Lafitte's Blacksmith Shop Bar if you want someplace to start out.

Frenchman Street is a good place for a little more laid-back vibe and some live music.

Restaurants:

The notable famous places are Coops, Commander's Palace, Cafe du Monde ect...

There is a saying in NOLA that if a gas station sold bad food they would be closed down. My favorite fried chicken I'd buy at a shell station so I can confirm this. Locals take huge pride in their food, and you'll literally never have quite the same experience eating a meal after you leave NOLA.

The best food in NOLA by far are the after hours street vendors. If you venture on to Saint Bernard and into Treme or Frenchman you will be in after hours food heaven.

My friend says he had the best grilled sausage of his life from someone on the street with a bbq trailer and pickup truck.

Danger

New Orleans is VERY DANGEROUS CITY FOR RETARDED PEOPLE. I have had several friends murdered there. I have one living friend that was shot and paralyzed for life and another shot in the face and permanently disfigured. While I love all of them.... both dead and alive every single on of them went full retard at the time of their plights.

Don't fuck around New Orleans! just because you see a bunch of weak hipsters or SJW's. They do not venture into the 7th and 9th Wards, Central City and New Orleans East.

I open and concealed carried (legally) at almost all times there. In my first few months living in the 7th Ward I had to draw my weapon twice on thugs.

Most people are very nice (including criminals) and visitors should be fine. But ask a local how to get where you're going before you walk there. Most people get robbed walking between the Quarter and Frenchmen drunk.

Don't go into the grave yards after dark. Many wannabe gang banger's hang out drinking and smoking weed or crack behind the graves and are armed. They will try to fuck with you.

St. Roch which is becoming a popular spot especially now since the street car installation but is still dangerous for visiting drunks after hours. It will take a few more years for the gentrification to set in. St. Roch Market is great during the day.

Drugs:

I'm not a advocate of doing drugs but if you're going to do it stay inside the venue or buy them from a service person.

Messages In This Thread