rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Is the travel section dying?

Is the travel section dying?

Quote: (05-14-2018 04:09 AM)zatara Wrote:  

Nowhere with a population of 500k+ is small enough to be ruined by datasheets being posted here - even on the public travel forum.

The Philippines thread has nearly 2 million views. Then there are all the blog posts about the Philippines, not to mention, tons of other blogs and forums that imitated Roosh (swoop, 199flags, nomadph, singlemansparadise, and countless others). All of them tell guys about how wonderful dateinasia and filcupid are. Which is why the girls in Makati and Cebu are now being shared GLOBALLY. Every swinging dick on the entire planet can access them.

You could even make a case that this isn't a problem, except... we know from experience that it definitely is affecting things massively. As I said I used to get 20 messages in 1 hour, now I get maybe 1 message in 20 hours. That is a 400 x decline in 7 years. Not to mention, quality of the girls and their attitudes have declined as well. Same text, age and pictures in my online dating profile. If you've never been here and come straight from Toronto, it might still seem wonderful. But if you have been here in 2011 (or hell, even earlier), it's ridiculous in comparison now.

Quote:Quote:

The places that have been ruined with stag trips, Italians etc (hello Prague/Poland) have been ruined by a) direct cheap flights from Ryanair/other budget airlines and b) an image in the mainstream media as being a good place to go for LADS ON TOUR!! BANTER!! and c) cheap beer. These three factors draw far, far more men to a city than the Roosh forum ever can.

Not the case here, does not apply to the Philippines at all. This was a destination only for 1. military, with US bases in Subic etc., 2. retirees 60+ y.o., and 3. p4p sex tourists. Young guys with good game were non existent here. That's what made it special. It's still kinda special now but nobody other than this blogosphere/forumsphere is sending young guys with game to Philippines and other novelty places.

The main definitive Barcelona city thread currently on the frontpage of the Travel forum for example has only 92,000 views in the past 4 years. Even if half of those views resulted in men visiting Barcelona (which is way, way higher than likely in reality) thats only 10,000 men a year - or 30 odd a day. Even if they all brought a friend, 50ish men a day would still barely make a dent in one large club with a 2k+ capacity, nevermind an entire city. Other city threads have even less views.

Another example that doesn't apply at all. Barcelona was never a secret, Spain was always a major tourism destination, and there was never any novelty in Barcelona that could be ruined. Spanish guys are pretty much white with black hair.

Datasheets are the reason most of the older hands on the forum are here, they're a key part of what makes the forum great. I've traveled extensively over the last 5ish years since I've been reading the forum and used the datasheets for tens of cities as a good starting off point for nightlife. And they've been an invaluable asset in most of those cities. They're a hell of a lot more reliable than Tripadvisor or anything else on the internet, because you can usually bet on them having being written by a man aged 20-40 who has game. The advice is usually spot on because of this authorship, in direct contrast to some of the crap you'll see elsewhere written by some woman, old person, or no game type who has wildly different life priorities/experience.

Yeah, that is true... but at what cost? Would you rather be in a pussy paradise where you have to chat up another traveler you run into in order to hear about the good clubs, but where hundreds of girls jump on you as if you were Justin Bieber... or would you prefer a place where everything has been written about and you just need to follow the bread crumbs, but tens of thousands of other white guys have already been there, novelty is pretty much dead and the easy pickings are only 5s and 6s now?

I think if people stopped posting datasheets a very important function of the forum would die. The key is just perhaps only posting the ones for smaller cities in the private forum.

Yeah, as I said - making the travel board private and putting the blog posts about pussy paradise behind a paywall would be a good solution.

inb4 "oh loser with no game crying"... I've been into this game for about as long as Roosh has, so I'll let you do the math. The places are changing... it is what it is. There are women everywhere... even back home. I'm just glad I got to drink my fill before the hordes arrived, is all I'm saying.

But yeah whatevs... it's kinda sad for those who have seen what it once was... but it is what it is.

Enhanced Eddie

Messages In This Thread