rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Where to Find Wingmen?

Where to Find Wingmen?

Quote: (05-16-2018 07:16 PM)Dillinger Wrote:  

Quote: (05-13-2018 05:54 PM)JackinMelbourne Wrote:  

HANG ON. We're not really answering the topic here, just giving advice against using wing men.

OP wants to find wing men because he has reasons for wanting wing men. That's fine, he's at a point where he wants a wing man to boost confidence, have someone "known" to talk with in order to calm the nerves and have someone to "compete" with and show off in front of and vice versa for that hit of courage. All fair reasons at a certain point...

Basically this. Plus, there's another element:

I'm really tall. Intimidatingly tall. 6'7. And buff. I tend to intimidate people, especially women, and even more so the short women that I like, without intending to (or even being aware of it). I'm thinking having a wing would go some way to making me a little less physically overwhelming to women, but not sure.

Hey man, I'm in the same boat as you. I'm 6'6 and weigh 275lbs. Being the "cocky" guy doesn't work out since women are intimidated by our statures. Soft approaches work best for us.

If I'm at the bar, I usually bend over and rest my weight on the counter. My thing is placing myself next to a girl who is trying to order a drink.

"I bet you I'll get my drink before you do" or "I bet you the next drink I get mine before you."

If she is responsive, she will laugh it off and maybe take the bet. I'll then stand up straight so she sees how tall I am. Most of the time, she will have the "oh damn" reaction, and then talk to her until one of us is served.

Doesn't matter who wins. It helps get the conversation started and see what she's up to for the evening.

Conversations sometimes die, other times she wants to keep talking to you or introduce you to her friends.

Either way, this opener works for me. Try it and see if you have any results.

Reporter: What keeps you awake at night?
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis: Nothing, I keep other people awake at night.

OKC Data Sheet

Messages In This Thread