rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How to deal with other guys who cant handle your pickup style / attempts

How to deal with other guys who cant handle your pickup style / attempts

In short, I got into a fight with a dude, after he got his nose bent out of shape when i hit on his beautiful female friend.

Ive only been doing cold approach (mainly daygame, with some nightgame) for a few months and this is the first time Ive experienced this. I want to know how people would have handled it and why it bothered this guy so much.

The approach

I approached a beautiful girl who was sitting at a bar (she was sitting at an outdoor 4 seater table). On her side of the table was just herself, and across from her was her female friend and her boyfirend (the wanker in question).

I wasnt at the bar, i was merely walking past and spotted her and then opened something along the lines of "hello, i know this is random, but wanted to say hi, i think you're cute bla bla. Is there a special someone coming back to this empty seat or is it just the three of you?" She smiled, I offered my name and she hers. Then she pointed to inside the bar and said that her boyfriend was in the bathroom. All in it was a good approach and it made both girls smiled.

The fight

It was at this point, I was about to bow out gracefully and say goodbye when the guy across from me, giving me this have smiling, half incredulous look starting saying "really mate, really, are you kidding me, are you being serious??" and he just kept harping on as if i had done something complete unorthodox and out of line.

My response was "what are you on about fella?", to which he kept replying "are you being serious?" and then i said "oh, im so sorry, i was a completely out of line, shame on me for seeing a beautiful girl and taking some courage to approach her to see if she was single or or not, you're right. Its so out of line, i should just go home and jump on tinder like real men.

A few more words were exchanged. I kept my cool and my sarcastic tone, he kept losing his shit. He then got up and tried to phyically make me keep walking (he grabbed of my shoulders and started pushing me away). At this point i took him down and it was on for young and old.

My questions

1. Short of walking away, how would you respond to people like this guy (assuming they question you in a non threating way)
  2. Why do people like him get their noses so bent out of shape when you hit on their female friends (albeit tactfully and respectfully)

I dont use online dating. I dont go to clubs or loud bars. I only approach during the day and on rare occassions at night, in non noisy bars.

I noticed that its very frowned up when you speak to multple women, for example, in the same venue (ie. a restaurant), what are people's problems? Why does it bother them so much?

It would be nice to hear what people think about this, or if they encounter this sort of stuff from time to to time, and the mindset they have to overcome this.

The fight i got into really bothered me (havent fought in 15 years) because of how it started. It got me thinking about the picture, ie. society's perception on guys like me and why we cant be our true selves when we see beautiful women / our to conform etc.

Keen to hear people's 2c

Messages In This Thread