rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Archer's gym progress thread

Archer's gym progress thread

Quote: (05-08-2018 04:58 AM)thebassist Wrote:  

The reason that people do this is that SS has a reputation for turning its adherents into 'centaurs' (e.g. overly developed lower body vs. upper body), hence people adding in extra arm work. It is a solid workout program for developing strength in the main lifts quickly, but lacking for aesthetics.

In any case it seems like you're following SS to build a good strength foundation and then switch to something else afterwards, which is a solid plan.

I am aware of cons regarding this program, but its goal is pretty simple, to get strength to newbies, push them out of novice stage and allow them to transition to some other more specific program for goals which they want. I think that Rippetoe stated many times that you don't use for his program for years. I am fine with that.
In phase 3 chins are introduced so I will wait with adding assistance exercises for now. After completing of program I will go for a more hypertrophy based program. I see that GSLP - Arms has a good mix between strength and hypertrophy training and that a lot of people say that Johnny's program is an improvement when compared to SS.

Messages In This Thread