rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Long Term Unemployment - Pitfalls and Strategy

Long Term Unemployment - Pitfalls and Strategy

Quote:Quote:

HR is teeming with 90 to 100 IQ Western women, they're not going to in-depth background check if you sounds like you've got the goods in an interview(also background checks are typically done right after an offer's given for efficiency and cost-effectiveness).

That's what I meant by people who think all HR girls throw suspected Trump supporter resumes in the trash are probably a bit paranoid. If you have the goods and they need an XYZ coder, for example, you'll get the interview - especially if she works for a placement firm. If it's direct hire and she potentially sees herself working in the same office as you, she may dig deeper.

Good going with HSBC; what level position? Hope it doesn't come back to you. C level guys have been fired for lies in their background they thought would never matter. Anybody remember this guy over at Yahoo? Red pill... ok.

Riding motorcycles across India and everywhere else worked for Jim Rodgers but he was a billionaire by then - not exactly a post grad screw off year. If Michael Novogratz thinks highly of a gap year, that's probably because he's considering someone with impeccable credentials for a top level job at a highly rated company, not regular Joes in regular jobs. OP has to figure out where he stands in the market.

The employment gap will obviously be a bigger obstacle the broader it gets. But "never volunteer a deficiency" means just that - don't volunteer a deficiency they do not ask about. If they ask what he did for the past six months, he can say "I started a consulting business" but he doesn't have to say "I haven't made a dime and I'm thinking of packing it up." That's all - advice is from one of DJTs books, FWIW.

Quote:Quote:

You can have your own negative preconceptions about the validity of a gap year or work/life balance all you like, but all that shows is your lack of modern professional hiring experience. And its growing rapidly in popularity for Americans.

It's actually a post-conception. I've had to sit through hiring panels where the phrase "work life balance" was one of the fist things out of a candidates mouth. For a young applicant with zero responsibilities outside of student loans it is a major tell. If you're good enough to interview at Google for a coder slot, maybe you can bring that up during the interview. But for average jobs in average places though, it still sounds incredibly entitled.

Sure, lots of people are doing it now - and lots of companies are outsourcing in part because of attitudes and expectations like that (but they do it mostly for money). It's almost always from white kids with bullshit degrees who think the world owes them a job. Not saying that's the OP, but there's no reason to utter that phrase at all unless you really hold all of the cards.

Messages In This Thread