rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Long Term Unemployment - Pitfalls and Strategy

Long Term Unemployment - Pitfalls and Strategy

As someone with a large gap on his resume, I would suggest taking some job, any job over being unemployed for long periods of time while waiting for the perfect 'career' job.

I'm not even talking about what employers will think looking at your resume. I'm talking about the mental health aspects of unemployment that stretch tendrils out into all aspects of your life.

After starting work again, everything in my life has taken a steep climb for the better. More women, more enjoyment, more health and energy.

Just don't let yourself be unemployed for long periods. Do garbage collecting, cleaning, whatever. Keep yourself busy with something that gets you out of bed in the morning.

When questioned why you took a menial job say 'A man needs to work'. I've had senior professionals give me a knowing nod in interviews when I say that and it hasn't been used against me.

Messages In This Thread