rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How to be a good conversationalist

How to be a good conversationalist

Ice Man completely nailed it, he seems to get it more than anyone else here.

Statements over questions, you don't even need to ask her name or any of that boring get to know you stuff.

That first example in the OP was horrible. A girl says "I went shopping earlier" and you ask her about that? You don't have to try and make a conversation about everything. I would probably just give an uninterested response, or wait to see if that boring story has a point or gets more interesting. Even making fun of her is more entertaining than going on and on about shopping for fucks sake. Just because she finds it interesting doesn't mean you should talk about it.

The advice 'get them to talk about themselves and they will love you' from Dale Carnegie is leading a lot of people astray, it's only partly true. It leads people to asking lots of questions about someone like an interview, rather than making statements and having a conversation.

Even worse it can lead people to this fake persona, where they're sooo interested in everything she does. "Wow, you went shopping earlier?" "Wow, that place has great clothes, where else do you like to shop?" "wow you're really fashionable, so you're into fashion? That's so cool!"

I see men do this all the time, and I feel disgusted from halfway across the room so I imagine she would feel even worse, wondering how she can get out of the awkward conversation.

"Especially Roosh offers really good perspectives. But like MW said, at the end of the day, is he one of us?"

- Reciproke, posted on the Roosh V Forum.

Messages In This Thread